This week on Single in the City Sunday, we jumped right into a topic that was already buzzing on social media.
The Single in the City Question of the day: Is it ok to use a coupon on the first date?
As my personal preference, using a coupon on a date isn’t bad, depending on what you’re using it for. I don’t mind digital coupons for “experiences” i.e boat rides, go-karting, fine dining, activities that would otherwise be considered expensive.
Don’t Miss The Latest In Entertainment, News, and More! Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
I’m a firm believer in living within your means, and the first date should be a reflection of that. Don’t take me to a place or do an activity with me on our first date that we can’t do again because it was too expensive. The first date is your first and lasting impression that becomes the standard if you continue to date, therefore don’t start something that you can’t maintain.
The ladies took over the iPower hotline and called in to give their unfiltered opinions on this dating faux pas, and this is what they had to say:
“If you’re using a coupon on the first date to take me to Ruth’s Chris then cool, but if you’re using a coupon on a 2 for $20…. Now that’s a problem.”
“If he uses a coupon it’s cool, but I’m joking his a** when we get in the car.”
“I’m fine with a man that uses a coupon on the first date, it shows that he has control of his money.”
We can continue this conversation on my weekly podcast Single in the City, available on Apple podcast, Spotify, and wherever you listen to podcasts.
Click here to listen now!
Text “iPower” to 37890 for your chance at ticket giveaways and news before anyone else!…Standard Messaging Rates Apply
For the Latest Entertainment News:
- Hibbett Sports Grand Opening on Facebook LIVE
- The Intersection of Two Movements: LGBTQ Community and Black Lives Matter
- Buy Black RVA
- Newsletter Sign-Up
- IPower Text Club Info, Consent, & E-Sign
- Toosii Talks New Mixtape, Why He Called Out DDG, Comfort In His Own Skin, J. Cole Inspiration + More
- LaTocha Scott Talks Verzuz Preparation, DJ Aone, Potential For A Xscape Biopic + More
- Nicki Minaj Breaks The Internet Wearing $50 Pink Crocs
- Is Jay-Z Looking To Start His Own Film Production Company?