The Radio One Inc. legacy began with a simple dream and one radio station. Now, it could continue with you!
An internship with Radio One Inc. is a once in a lifetime opportunity. As the most trusted media source in the African American community, our mission is “to prepare students to have a working knowledge in all day to day aspects of a local radio station cluster by providing instruction, resources, and tools to grow and succeed!”
At Radio One Inc. we want you to get more than coffee in our customized internship program. Gone are the days of sitting at a desk performing meaningless tasks for school credit! At Radio One Inc. we develop and inspire our Interns through hands-on projects, gaining experience from industry professionals, promoting personal and career development, and boosting your skill set for the real world! See what some of our former interns said about the program in the video above.
When you leave Radio One Inc., you walk away with working knowledge in every department of a local radio station.
DEPARTMENTS TO GAIN EXPERIENCE FROM:
• Marketing/ Promotions /PR
• Digital/Mobile/Social Media
• $$ (We wish media interns were paid when we were coming up!)
• Free Events (some of the hottest concerts and celebs come through the Richmond market, and you will have access!)
• Experience (That’s why we all intern anyway right?)
• Currently enrolled full-time in a college degree program at Junior or Senior level
• Must be 18 years or older
• Excellent communication skills
• The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Organized, self-motivated, energetic and a dependable team player
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR APPLICATION:
• College transcript (unofficial)
• Proof of full-time enrollment
• Statement of interest from the candidate
• One (1) letter of recommendation
• Copy of the candidate’s school ID
For more information on our internships, please contact the General Sales Manager, Brittney Quarles, at (804) 501.0761.