Mars, the company responsible for some of our favorite candies and chocolate, has decided to cancel and shelf the M&M mascots. At least for the time being.
Mars recently redesigned M&M’s animated mascots, announcing in a statement last Thursday that they were creating “a world where everyone feels they belong, and society is inclusive.” However, the newly designed M&M’s have received criticism and backlash online, and now the company appears to be headed back to the drawing board.
This all follows Mars’ decision to campaign an all-female package for the 80-year-old candy brand. The limited-time offer was simply supposed to be a celebration for women, but not everyone sees it that way.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Following an attack from conservative talking heads like FOX’s Tucker Carlson, Mars now claims that the ‘spokescandies’ are on an “indefinite pause”.
Carlson, who at one point about a year ago targeted the M&M mascots as being “woke”, went on another, full-segment tirade directed at the colorful animations, stating that the green M&M “is now a lesbian maybe”, and made reference to the purple one being “obese”.
This morning M&M’s released the following statement:
So let’s hear it, are you upset about the way Mars has handled the M&M mascots?
- Benny The Butcher Talks “Everybody Can’t Go,” Working With Lil Wayne, “Poisonous” Rap Lyrics & More!
- Former Eagles WR DeSean Jackson Announces Retirement
- Directors Gelila Bekele & Armani Ortiz Talk Making “Maxine’s Baby: The Tyler Perry Story”
- Latto Tops The 2024 ‘Forbes’ 30 Under 30 List
- Tina Knowles Calls Out Critics And Defends Beyonce In Instagram Post And We Are Here For It
- Colman Domingo Reacts To Toxic Workplace Complaints On The Set of ‘Euphoria’
- Teyana Taylor Was All Body In A Black Rick Owens Gown At The ‘Vanity Fair’ 2023 Gotham Awards
- From A Woman: Mariah The Scientist Announces ‘To Be Eaten Alive’ 2024 Global Tour
- Why Is Donald Trump STILL Out Here Talking About Repealing Obamacare?
- Larger Than Life: Apple Music Live To Exclusively Show Brent Faiyaz’s London Performance From His European Tour
M&M Candy Mascots Are Latest Victims Of Cancel Culture. For Real. was originally published on wzakcleveland.com
Ciara’s 10K for the Holidays
Hip Hop Nutcracker at Altria Theatre
The “804 Sessions” Contest
Radio One and Miss Community Clovia Toy Drive
Cassie Accuses Sean Combs of Rape and Years of Abuse in Lawsuit
Buy Black RVA
iPower Under 30: Lowe Maceo
Virginia Teen’s Cancer Treatment Soap Earns National Science Prize