Follow The Beat On Twitter: Follow @979thebeat
In the short amount of time that Puerto Rican Bronx rapper Big Pun was with us, its safe to say he touched the world. Despite being overweight, it never stopped him from pursuing his rap career which prospered from 1997 until his death at age 28 in 2000. Big Pun went from being an underground favorite to a mainstream success with the love he received from his hit song ‘Still Not A Player’ feat. Joe in 1998.
His close friends, Fat Joe and Cuban Link, have always spoke highly of Pun (before and after his death) and his memory and music continue to live on. He was the people’s champ and he made good music and that’s why we’re highlighting him for Black Music Month 2018.
What’s your favorite Big Pun song? Comment below.
Relive the moment with these Top 5 Big Pun videos below:
1. Still Not A Player
2. It’s So Hard feat. Donnell Jones
3. 100% feat. Tony Sunshine
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
4. How We Roll feat. Ashanti
5. You Came Up feat. Noreaga
-Farlin Ave (@farlinave)
Who Makes The Best Hamburgers? (Photo Gallery)
1. White CastleSource:Getty 1 of 11
2. In-N-Out BurgerSource:Getty 2 of 11
3. Wendy'sSource:Getty 3 of 11
4. WhataburgerSource:Getty 4 of 11
5. Steak 'N ShakeSource:Getty 5 of 11
6. A&WSource:Getty 6 of 11
7. Dairy QueenSource:Getty 7 of 11
8. SonicSource:Getty 8 of 11
9. Jack In The BoxSource:Getty 9 of 11
10. Burger KingSource:Getty 10 of 11
11. McDonald'sSource:Getty 11 of 11
- Why Marlon Wayans Says ‘Loqueesha’ Is Not Like ‘White Chicks’
- Kanye West & Kim Kardashian Share The Name Of Their New Baby
- Racist Promposals Won’t Go Away & Big Names Speak Out On Anti-Abortion Laws: This Week’s Winners & Losers
- Who Else Owes 50 Cent Money?
- 804 Sessions Tiara & Andrew Perform “Music Is Love” Live
- Dj Khaled ‘Father Of Asahd’ Album Review
- Cardi B & Drake Lead The BET Awards Nominations
- #SelfLove: Pornhub Released Some Handy Masturbation Stats That’ll Have You Questioning People’s Kinks
- Our Forever First Lady Michelle Obama Will Headline ESSENCE Festival This Year
- Fashion Brand Oh Polly Is Facing A Ton Of Criticism For Their Separate “Inclusive” Instagram Page