As we approach Martin Luther King Jr. day, Jeff Johnson talked about how going to say the “ I Have A Dream” speech isn’t enough. Johnson talked about how when King was killed he was challenging people. He also talked about how he was a leader that evolved and did more than just fight civil rights issues.
If we are celebrating him we must do more than just say a speech. Johnson also talked about how we need to support and watch the NAACP Image Awards. It is about our culture, our movies, our music and it’s a show that celebrates us.
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
- Richmond Police Officer Fights Domestic Violence On The Streets Of RVA
- The Blender
- Former Chicago Officer Jason Van Dyke Sentenced To More Than Six Years In Prison For Killing Laquan McDonald
- Shaun King Speaks Out In Radio Interview: ‘If You Posted A Lie That Does Me Harm, This Is The Way We’ll Respond’
- Hip-Hop Spot: Migos Almost Performed For The Super Bowl, Common Speaks Out About Travis Scott & More
- Soulja Boy Trends & Trump Dishes Chump Change: This Week’s Winners & Losers
- Gary’s Tea: Mariah Carey Sues Former Assistant For Allegedly Stealing, Trina Wants To Have A Baby & More
- Choreographer Anthony Burrell Explains How Mariah Carey’s New Year’s Eve Flub Pushed Him To Open His Dance Center
- R. Kelly, Sony RCA Agree To Part Ways
- The Rewind: The Blindfolds Are Off! We See You R. Kelly!