Oprah Winfrey is letting go of her Harpo Studios in Chicago. According to reports, she’s selling the location to a local developer.
The property, where “The Oprah Winfrey Show” was filmed from 1990 to 2011, will still be use by the big O and her staff for another two years. “We have entered into a purchasing agreement with Sterling Bay for the four-building Harpo Studios campus in Chicago’s West Loop,” a spokesperson for Harpo said a statement. “We expect the transaction to be closed in 30 days. The property will be leased back to Harpo for two years and the studio will continue to produce programming for OWN.”
The Associated Press reports the 3.5-acre campus will sell for about $32 million. This will represent O’s final step out of Chicago, which she left almost three years ago to launch the Oprah Winfrey Network in Los Angeles.
In honor of her amazing work in Chi-town, the city’s major named the street outside Harpo Studios “Oprah Winfrey Way” in 2011.
Check Out This Gallery
How To Live Your Best Life: According To Oprah's Quotes (PHOTOS)
1. Relax & LiveSource:Getty 1 of 9
2. Be Grateful For The StruggleSource:Getty 2 of 9
3. Live Like A QueenSource:Getty 3 of 9
4. Try AgainSource:Getty 4 of 9
5. Educate YourselfSource:Getty 5 of 9
6. Invest In Great FriendsSource:Getty 6 of 9
7. Dream BigSource:Getty 7 of 9
8. HealingSource:Getty 8 of 9
9. Speaking UpSource:Getty 9 of 9
The End Of An Era? Oprah Sells Harpo Studios In Chicago was originally published on hellobeautiful.com