The Washington Commanders are now officially no longer under Dan Snyder. After 3 years under multiple investigations, deciding to sell the team and many offers to buy the team, The Harris group was finalized the deal.
NFL owners unanimously voted today (7/20/23) to approve the team’s sale from the Snyder family to The Harris Group led by Josh Harris including NBA Hall of Famer Magic Johnson and Maryland billionaire Mitchell Rales plus 18 others, reported by ESPN.
Each partner had to be vetted for financial and security reasons. The group is paying $6.05 billion which is a record sum for a North American sports franchise. Harris and Snyder entered into an exclusive agreement May 12 but getting the bid in compliance, along with other issues, caused the vote to be delayed.
Snyder and his family had owned the majority of the Commanders since 1999 but now the team can move into positive future and hope for DC sports.
READ MORE SPORTS NEWS:
- Nike Rumored To Be Parting Ways With Tiger Woods
- SZN Opener: Grambling State Defensive End Sundiata Anderson Talks HBCU Football, Overcoming Health Issues, & More
- Ex-Jacksonville Jaguars Employee Accused Of Stealing Over $22M From NFL Franchise
- LeBron James Responds To Manager Maverick Carter Reportedly Admitting To Placing Illegal NBA Bets
- Bronny James Cleared To Return To Basketball After Cardiac Arrest & LeBron Will Skip Lakers Game To Watch Debut
- Victor Wembanyama’s NBA Debut Jersey Sells For $762K
- Adam Silver Hints At The NBA Expanding With Teams In Mexico City, Vancouver and Montreal
- Coach Prime & The Colorado Buffaloes Are Now 3-0!
- UVA Shooting Survivor Michael Hollins Makes Insiring Return For New Football Season
- LA Lakers Are Facing Elimination Down 3-0 Vs Denver Nuggets (NBA Western Conference Finals)
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Content in Your Inbox:
Finalized: NFL Owners Approve $6.05B Commanders Sale To Harris Group was originally published on woldcnews.com
Ciara’s 10K for the Holidays
The “804 Sessions” Contest
Chris Lighty's Wife To Inherit Entire Estate, 50 Cent Orders Investigation Into Mogul's Death
iPower Under 30: Avohom Carpenter
Dave “The Business Bully” Anderson Drops Secrets for Money Making and Losing 300 Pounds [EXCLUSIVE]
iPower Under 30: Lowe Maceo
Coppin State University Launches Housing Initiative For Low-Income Students
Washington Wizards Deni Avdija Disappointed In DC Sports Fan Culture But Has Hopes On Improvement