It all started in the November elections. Yup. It was called the “School Modernization Referendum,” the proposition would give the Mayor Lavar Stoney time to create a plan to fund the schools. We voted in favor of it. The plan that he came up with, is called the Meal Tax Plan. It calls for a tax hike from 6 to 7.5 percent for restaurants in the City of Richmond, Va. That’s a 25 percent increase.
Both sides are torn. One side arguing that it’s too expensive and may scare businesses away. However, the other side saying why shortchange kids? The plan would earn up to 100 million dollars for the schools over the next ten years.
Follow me on IG
Don’t Miss The Latest In Entertainment, News, and More! Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Text “iPower” to 37890 for your chance at ticket giveaways and news before anyone else!…Standard Messaging Rates Apply
For the Latest Entertainment News:Follow @‘ipowerrichmond’
- Jacquees And The Morning Hustle Bae-Cation Contest
- Sign Up For iPower’s Newsletter!
- IPower Text Club Info, Consent, & E-Sign
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade To Make Abortion Unconstitutional
- Mississippi’s Top Court Upholds Life Sentence For Weed Conviction By ‘Habitual Offender’
- Hate In America: The Many Faces Of White Supremacy
- Uvalde Coverup: Black People Have Warned Against Trusting Police Narratives For A Long Time