It all started in the November elections. Yup. It was called the “School Modernization Referendum,” the proposition would give the Mayor Lavar Stoney time to create a plan to fund the schools. We voted in favor of it. The plan that he came up with, is called the Meal Tax Plan. It calls for a tax hike from 6 to 7.5 percent for restaurants in the City of Richmond, Va. That’s a 25 percent increase.
Both sides are torn. One side arguing that it’s too expensive and may scare businesses away. However, the other side saying why shortchange kids? The plan would earn up to 100 million dollars for the schools over the next ten years.
Follow me on IG
Don’t Miss The Latest In Entertainment, News, and More! Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Text “iPower” to 37890 for your chance at ticket giveaways and news before anyone else!…Standard Messaging Rates Apply
For the Latest Entertainment News:Follow @‘ipowerrichmond’
- Hibbett Sports – Virtual Grand Opening w/ DJ Sir RJ
- The Intersection of Two Movements: LGBTQ Community and Black Lives Matter
- Buy Black RVA
- Newsletter Sign-Up
- IPower Text Club Info, Consent, & E-Sign
- Front Page News: QAnon Conspiracy Theory Suspected To Breach Capitol Hill [WATCH]
- Robin Thicke Talks New Single, “Look Easy” & How Loss Inspired His Latest Album [WATCH]
- Mathew Knowles Stops By The Lemonade Stand And Ends The Beyoncé Chloe Bailey Comparisons “They’re Idiots. Period”
- LisaRaye Said This About Draya Michele Or Joseline Hernandez Reviving Her Role In The Player’s Club [WATCH]