Essence Magazine became a 100% black-owned company this week, run by black women. For an iconic magazine geared to black women, you would think that would be a given. But that makes it finally becoming a reality all the more exciting.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
As we celebrate this milestone for black media and business, let’s not forget about the black man who put his money together not only to acquire this crucial brand, but to make sure it stays in the hands of black women. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from 3 Things You Should Know on “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Kenya Moore & Kandi Burruss Do Double Date
- Jessie Williams To Pay $50K+ A Month In Spousal Support
- What Were You Thinking? Girl Almost Gets BF Killed By Her Daddy
- Diddy Wants Cassie To Be His Next Babymama
- The Race To Succeed John Conyers In Congress Has Begun, And It Could Get Ugly
- Marie More Shares Exercise Tips To Keep That Extra Weight Off [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Bow Wow On Enjoying Hanging Out With His 7-Year-Old Daughter [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Weekend Roundup: Ghosts, Old School, & Brunch
- No More Netflix And Chill: Mo’Nique Asking For A Boycott Of Netflix
- Kodak Black Arrested Again And Charged With 7 Felonies