Essence Magazine became a 100% black-owned company this week, run by black women. For an iconic magazine geared to black women, you would think that would be a given. But that makes it finally becoming a reality all the more exciting.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
As we celebrate this milestone for black media and business, let’s not forget about the black man who put his money together not only to acquire this crucial brand, but to make sure it stays in the hands of black women. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from 3 Things You Should Know on “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Nicki Minaj Confirms She Is Dating Eminem (Video)
- STONE SOUL 2018 – BUY TICKETS HERE
- The One Thing African Americans Need To Know About Memorial Day
- How Uncle Bruce Is Doing After Heart Surgery [EXCLUSIVE]
- Almost Friday Shmood: When School’s Out, Work Is Almost Done, & The Dance Crew Is Ready
- Shooketh: This Cat Just Found Out She Was Pregnant And The Puss Looks Pissed
- Nicki Minaj Is Pushing Back The Release Of Next Album( Video)
- La La Is Turning Her Book ‘The Love Playbook’ Into A Movie With Queen Latifah
- Morgan Freeman’s Misconduct Apology Proves Harassment Is An Everyday Thang For Some Men
- Insecuri-Tea: Dro’s Real Life Girlfriend Found Out About His Baby With ‘Tasha’ Along With The Rest Of Us
Celebs Living It Up On The Gram! The Essence Festival Edition
1. Black Women Unite!Source:Getty 1 of 1
The Man Who Returned Essence Magazine Back To The People [EXCLUSIVE] was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com