(Cardi B Interview w/ Yonni Rude Prt 1)
Cardi B’s path to success wasn’t easy. The Bronx native went from working in a strip club to becoming a social media celeb to a stint on VH1’s reality series Love & Hip Hop: New York and parlayed all of that into a record deal with Atlantic Records.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Recently the “Cheap Ass Weave” rapper stopped by Richmond’s iPower studios to chop it up with Yonni Rude. She’s come a long way from talking about how cheap and trifling men are on Instagram.
Her success is as much a shock to the young starlet as it is to the world. She recalled her struggle to get out of the club, “I just want to make 30,000 and open my own business” was her dream at the time.
While on Love & Hip Hop, she refused to promote her music because she didn’t want to lose any of her fans due to the drama on the show. This strategy ultimately paid off.
“I’m a light-skinned girl that sleeps four or five hours a day, I’m looking washed…”
Now a bonafide rap artist, Cardi B is working around the clock on her music career. Check out Cardi B’s full interview with Yonni Rude above.
For the Latest Entertainment News: Follow @ipowerrichmond
10 Photos That Prove Cardi B Had The Ultimate Glo’ Up
1. Started from the bottom. Cute!Source:Instagram 1 of 8
2. If you didn’t know, now you know.Source:Instagram 2 of 8
3. CB never leaves her roots behind.Source:Instagram 3 of 8
4. Love on the brain before her man started to despise her fame.Source:Instagram 4 of 8
5. Family before fame.Source:Instagram 5 of 8
6. “Just a bum bi**h from Highbridge.”- Cardi BSource:Instagram 6 of 8
7. From the streets of Highbridge to sipping ‘Kocktails with Khloe.’Source:Instagram 7 of 8
8. 2016 was the year of Cardi B!Source:Instagram 8 of 8