United Airlines made headlines for the worst reason when a video of them forcibly removing a paid passenger from his seat went viral. David Dao, a Chinese man, was physically dragged off the plane after refusing to leave. As if the publicity around it wasn’t bad enough here in the states, in China, it’s getting even more attention, as David was quoted saying he was selected because he was Chinese.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
While Jeff says outright racism may not exactly be the reason behind it- the language barrier might have something to do with it. Click on the audio player to hear Jeff Johnson break it down in this exclusive clip from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Jim Crow Museum of Racist Memorabilia Opens
1. 1. David Pilgrim, the founder and curator(AP Photo/Carlos Osorio)1 of 5
2. 2. A display of colored items is seen at the Jim Crow Museu(AP Photo/Carlos Osorio)2 of 5
3. 3. Visitors look over the Jim Crow Museum of Memorabili (AP Photo/Carlos Osorio)3 of 5
4. 4. David Pilgrim, the founder and curator (AP Photo/Carlos Osorio)4 of 5
5. 5. The library at Ferris State University houses the museum(AP Photo/Carlos Osorio)5 of 5
Did Racism Play A Role In United Airlines’ Viral Passenger Assault? [EXCLUSIVE] was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com