Source: Donato Sardella / Getty
Covergirl’s first male model, aspiring makeup artist James Charles, just went all the way there.
The brand ambassador, who has made headlines for breaking barriers as the company’s first spokesman, definitely still has some learning to do when it comes to geography, prejudice and humility.
On Wednesday, he Tweeted about his fears of getting Ebola on an upcoming trip to Africa. In the now deleted Tweet, he wrote:
It took him alllll damn day to apologize for the comments, and then when he finally posted today, he wrote a long rambling post that called the entire damn continent of Africa a “country.”
This child should definitely stay in school, as clearly he needs to learn a thing or two about geography and, more importantly, the distinctive cultures, thriving industries and bustling economies of the MANY countries of Africa. In addition, he should know that the countries in Africa affected by Ebola have also been declared free of the disease since early last year.
Covergirl issued a statement Thursday noting that his Tweet was not representative of the brand’s perspective, but that they “appreciate that he has issued an apology.”
Within minutes of the brand’s posting, hundreds of fans were leaving comments calling for him to be fired from his position as brand ambassador, but it seems like the company is standing behind him.
What do you think of their response?
#HurtBae: Social Media Erupts After Girlfriend Confronts Cheating Ex
Inside Kanye West’s Yeezy Season 5 #NYFW Show
Serena Williams Slays In 2017 ‘Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue’
Also On iPower 92.1/104.1 FM:
Stone Soul 2016 [PHOTOS]
14 photos Launch gallery
1. @lifeofdesiigner has the #1 song in the countryyyy! performing live at #stonesoulrva right now!!!
1 of 14
2. Behind the scenes interview with 112 & @djkingtutt804 . Check out the full interview on Facebook live!
2 of 14
3. 💙💖 my oldest princess and I #stonesoul2016 #stonesoulrva #rva #summerfestival #ipower92 @ipowerrichmond #vitiligo #vitiligomodel #vitiligoin #confidence #hot #vitiligopride #nocuredontcare #vitiligobeauty #vitiligobeauties
3 of 14
4. Lil Kim just KILLED #stonesoulrva ! lighters up!!!
4 of 14
5. Behind th scene with @camvseverything & @yogottikom at #stonesoulrva
5 of 14
6. Paris Nicole and MadeInTYO
Source:Radio One Richmond
6 of 14
7. Another @hot1041stl #superjam2016 artist s going live n Richmond for #stonesoulrva
7 of 14
8. @camvseverything backstage with @madeintyo at #stonesoulrva !!!
8 of 14
9. @paris_nicole & @thebellereport backstage at #stonesoulrva !!!!
9 of 14
10. Dreezy @hot1041stl #superjam2016 we live in Richmond va for #stonesoulrva
10 of 14
11. Paris Nicole getting ready for Stone Soul 2016
11 of 14
12. @dreezydreezy just finished up her interview with @camvseverything !!! #stonesoulrva
12 of 14
13. Big G and I #Wpgc #DC live at #stonesoulrva
13 of 14
14. @yogottikom about to shut the city down #StoneSoulRVA
14 of 14