For years, fans of the Chick-Fil-A restaurant chain have been begging and pleading to get one built in New York City.
But after having their wish come true just a couple of years ago, now it’s back to the drawing board. The New York Post reports that the Health Department shut down one of the Chick-fil-A locations in Midtown on Wednesday due to a permitting issue.
Customers are pissed about the sudden shutdown and are not ashamed about expressing it. One customer is livid after attempting to enter the 46th Street and Sixth Avenue location, only to be stopped by a pair of signs, saying it was closed. She quipped, “It’s disheartening…I was going to try it for the first time here today…They are going to have to do something important to gain my confidence back to eat their chicken.”
The disappointing note read, “Sorry, we are closed due to permitting issues. Thank you for understanding.” A city official revealed that the 46th Street location had been operating with a denied permit, which was related to submitting an incomplete application, but the restaurant reportedly took care of the problem on Wednesday.
Despite the inconvenience, Chick-Fil-A lovers are trekking to the next best location near 37th Street. Although officials for the Atlanta-based “chikin” chain say that the location will return good as new, the news of the shutdown comes just after being closed for another health code violation last month.
10 Of The Most Grotesque Fastfood Dishes (PHOTOS)
1. 1. Burger King's Bacon Sundae is a sweet and salty treat that features vanilla soft serve ice cream, fudge, caramel, bacon crumbles and a piece of bacon.1 of 10
2. 2. Good news for people crazy about carbs. KFC's Double Down sandwich trades in bread for two pieces of fried chicken. Inside, there's two pieces of bacon, Monterey Jack cheese and mayo.2 of 10
3. 3. IHOP decided to combine dessert and breakfast with their Cheesecake Pancake Stackers dish. This plate features pancakes that are stuffed with Cheesecake filling.3 of 10
4. 4. Released only in The Middle East, Pizza Hut's Crown Crust Pizza features a number of tiny Cheeseburgers on a pie.4 of 10
5. 5. This takes the word cheeseburger to another level. It features a hamburger patty inside two individual grilled cheese sandwiches.5 of 10
6. 6. Back in 2009, Red Robin's had a burger called Wise Guy that featured mozzarella sticks, marinara sauce, pepperoni slices, sliced banana peppers and tomato slices.6 of 10
7. 7. Late last year Denny's introduced the Mac N' Cheese Big Daddy Patty Melt. The sandwich has mac n' cheese, a ground beef patty, "zesty Frisco sauce" and even more melted cheddar cheese.7 of 10
8. 8. Why separate when you can have egg and cheese, waffles and sausage all in one sandwich?8 of 10
9. 9. Thankfully this was only released in Japan. This monstrosity features two beef patties, grilled chicken breast, three slices of bacon, three slices of cheese, teriyaki sauce and egg.9 of 10
10. 10. What's more unhealthy: A Philly cheesecake or a cheeseburger. We're not sure, but this Burger Carl Jr. created combing the two looks dangerous.10 of 10
Chick-Fil-A’s Latest Move Has Pissed Off A Lot Of New Yorkers was originally published on globalgrind.com