Governor Terry McAuliffe has announced the dates for Virginia’s tax-free holiday, August 5-7, 2016. The 5.3 percent sales tax will not be imposed on school supplies that are 20 dollars or less and clothing and footwear 100 dollars or less.
Parents, students and educators the sales tax is exempt on school supplies as binder pockets, book bags, calculators, highlighters and more. Also, the sales tax is imposed on clothes as gym suits, uniforms, hats and cats, shoes, sneakers and more.
View a complete list of school supplies and clothing items that are tax-free during the tax-free holiday weekend here.
Join 99.3/105.7 Kiss, iPower 92.1/104.1 Fm and Praise 104.7 Fm for live broadcasts of the Back To School Supply Drive Tour:
Walmart- 2410 Sheila Lane, Richmond VA 23225
Friday August 5th, 10am-7pm (tax-free weekend)
Saturday August 13th, 11am-3pm
Saturday August 20th, 11am-3pm
Please drop off school supplies and backpacks for students in elementary, middle and high school.
RED CARPET RUNDOWN: The 2016 Teen Choice Awards
1. LAVERNE COXSource:Getty 1 of 9
2. SERAYAHSource:Getty 2 of 9
3. TRACEE ELLIS ROSSSource:Getty 3 of 9
4. GINA RODRIGUEZSource:Getty 4 of 9
5. KEKE PALMERSource:Getty 5 of 9
6. JASON DERULOSource:Getty 6 of 9
7. JESSICA ALBASource:Getty 7 of 9
8. CHANDLER KINNEYSource:Getty 8 of 9
9. SARAH HYLANDSource:Getty 9 of 9
Shop Tax-Free This Weekend, Check the list #TaxFreeVA was originally published on kissrichmond.com