A 17-year-old from Chesapeake is dead after he was reportedly trapped under several feet of sand at Cape Hatteras National Seashore in northeastern North Carolina.
According to the National Park Service (NPS), at around 2 p.m. on Saturday, May 6, rangers responded to a 911 call reporting a teen trapped in a hole. Family and friends looking for the teen found him buried under several feet of sand, it is believed that this was caused by parts of a nearby sand dune to collapse into the hole.
Rangers worked with Dare County EMS and Hatteras Island Ocean Rescue staff to extract the teen while performing CPR, but the resuscitation efforts were not successful, according to NPS.
This incident is under investigation.
- FedEx Field Evacuated After Sunday’s Commanders vs. Dolphins Game
- Wizards Friday Night Concert Series 2024 Schedule Revealed Featuring Hip-Hop & Local Greats!
- Pictures Of Pharrell’s Louis Vuitton Kicks Hit Social Media
- Virginia State University Makes History As The First HBCU In The Country Selected To Host A General Election Presidential Debate
- Washington Wizards Deni Avdija Disappointed In DC Sports Fan Culture But Has Hopes On Improvement
- Pharrell’s Black Ambition Non-Profit Awarded Over $3 Million To Entrepreneurs During 3rd Annual Demo Day
- Coppin State University Launches Housing Initiative For Low-Income Students
- Odell Beckham Jr. joins Ravens’ dance hall of fame with Park Heights Strut celebration
- Virginia Teen’s Cancer Treatment Soap Earns National Science Prize
- Lamar Jackson is ‘completely fine’ after apparent leg injury, Harbaugh says
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Content in Your Inbox:
Ciara’s 10K for the Holidays
The “804 Sessions” Contest
Chris Lighty's Wife To Inherit Entire Estate, 50 Cent Orders Investigation Into Mogul's Death
iPower Under 30: Avohom Carpenter
Dave “The Business Bully” Anderson Drops Secrets for Money Making and Losing 300 Pounds [EXCLUSIVE]
iPower Under 30: Lowe Maceo
Coppin State University Launches Housing Initiative For Low-Income Students
Washington Wizards Deni Avdija Disappointed In DC Sports Fan Culture But Has Hopes On Improvement