At the intersection of music and sport’s culture is The OverFlow! ESPN Richmond’s Andrew Wallace and iPower 92.1/104.1’s DJ Sir RJ team up every week to bring you the hottest in sports and music entertainment.
This week the mood remains somber both locally in Richmond, VA and nationally.
Locally in RVA, all eyes are on the Navy Hill Development Project, a proposal introduced by the NHDC (NH District Corp) and Mayor Levar Stoney to revive a 10-block radius of downtown Richmond. The documents include plans to redevelop the area ultimately creating new jobs, affordable housing, additional revenue and other opportunities, like the construction of a state-of-the-art arena.
On Monday Richmond City Council members asked Mayor Stoney to withdraw the Navy Hill proposal and to essentially restart the process by having interested parties submit new proposals on what to do with the city-owned land in downtown Richmond.
Mayor Levar Stoney took to Twitter to express his disappointment.
Nationally, the country mourns the loss of Kobe Bryant. The NBA star along with eight others, including his 13-year-old daughter, died tragically on Sunday in a helicopter accident.
That night the Grammys paid homage to Bryant’s legacy. Held at the Staples Center, where Bryant played for the LA Lakers for 20 years, Grammy presenters and performers paid tribute to the NBA great. Our prayers go out to all of the families.
Catch up with these stories and so much more in the latest edition of The OverFlow.
Check out Andrew Wallace daily on ESPN Richmond from 8 AM – 10 AM on the Black and Drew Sports Huddle on ESPN Richmond. Don’t miss DJ Sir RJ weekdays on iPower 92.1/104.1 from 3 PM – 7 PM.
Don’t Miss The Latest In Entertainment, News, and More! Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Text “iPower” to 37890 for your chance at ticket giveaways and news before anyone else!…Standard Messaging Rates Apply
For the Latest Entertainment News:Follow @‘ipowerrichmond’
- Hibbett Sports – Virtual Grand Opening w/ DJ Sir RJ
- The Intersection of Two Movements: LGBTQ Community and Black Lives Matter
- Buy Black RVA
- Newsletter Sign-Up
- IPower Text Club Info, Consent, & E-Sign
- Front Page News: QAnon Conspiracy Theory Suspected To Breach Capitol Hill [WATCH]
- Robin Thicke Talks New Single, “Look Easy” & How Loss Inspired His Latest Album [WATCH]
- Mathew Knowles Stops By The Lemonade Stand And Ends The Beyoncé Chloe Bailey Comparisons “They’re Idiots. Period”
- LisaRaye Said This About Draya Michele Or Joseline Hernandez Reviving Her Role In The Player’s Club [WATCH]
The OverFlow: Navy Hill & Saying Goodbye To Kobe Bryant was originally published on espnrichmond.com