According to TMZ, a Brooklyn judge denied R. Kelly bail Wednesday after the singer requested to be released while awaiting trial. R. Kelly’s lawyers asked a federal judge earlier this week if he would reconsider his decision to hold Kelly in jail without bond.
While his lawyers argued that even if Kelly was out of jail he does not have the funds to leave the country, new legal documents obtained by TMZ show that prosecutors believe the singer is still deemed a flight risk.
TMS reports that prosecutors claimed that after Kelly’s release on bail in Illinois, he attempted to travel to Dubai with two of his girlfriends and that he continues to make thousands of dollars in music royalties — which he allegedly has been redirecting to a friend’s bank account.
R. Kelly’s Trial is set for 2020.
Don’t Miss The Latest In Entertainment, News, and More! Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Text “iPower” to 37890 for your chance at ticket giveaways and news before anyone else!…Standard Messaging Rates Apply
For the Latest Entertainment News:Follow @‘ipowerrichmond’
- Hibbett Sports Grand Opening on Facebook LIVE
- The Intersection of Two Movements: LGBTQ Community and Black Lives Matter
- Buy Black RVA
- Newsletter Sign-Up
- IPower Text Club Info, Consent, & E-Sign
- TikTok Clip Shows White Woman Pull A Gun On Black Girls In Shopping Mall
- Tessica Brown, Viral ‘Gorilla Glue Girl,’ Loses Child In Miscarriage
- Voting Rights Tour Raises Awareness Across The South On Its Way To D.C.
- ‘Dismantling Democracy’: Republicans’ Latest Filibuster Is Another Attempt To ‘Kill Black Voting Power’