Rapper, Songwriter Hall of Fame inductee, and super-producer Jermaine Dupri has managed to ruffle a few feathers with his recent interview with People.
Dupri started the interview noting that his artist Da Brat, who is signed to his record label So So Def, was the first female artist to go platinum. When asked who his favorite female rapper was amongst the new crop of females in the game, his response was “I really can’t say”. Dupri went on to note that he feels as though they’re all rapping about the same thing, “It’s like stripper’s rapping.”
Don’t Miss The Latest In Entertainment, News, and More! Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Who better to respond than the Diamond Princess and pioneer of female hip hop, Trina. In a recent interview, The Miami native came to the defense of artists like Cardi B and The City Girls, stating that this new group of females is speaking about what’s true to them and their life experiences. To a better point, she also acknowledges that male rappers have been having the same content for decades, yet aren’t receiving nearly as much criticism.
Check out Trina’s full interview on the Headcrack After Hours:
Text “iPower” to 37890 for your chance at ticket giveaways and news before anyone else!…Standard Messaging Rates Apply
For the Latest Entertainment News:Follow @‘ipowerrichmond’
- Daniel of DVSN Talks “If I Get Caught” Reaction and Possible Remix
- Sign Up For iPower’s Newsletter!
- IPower Text Club Info, Consent, & E-Sign
- KKK Photo: Florida Officials Challenge DeSantis As GOP Quietly Replaces Disgraced Commissioner
- Accused Capitol Riots Cheerleader Ginni Thomas Finally Answers ‘Some’ Jan. 6 Committee Questions
- Asking For A Friend: “My Boyfriend Bought His Sexy Co-Worker Flowers!”
- Fans Pick Sides After DaniLeigh and B.Simone Have Issue On Wild’n Out Set