An unidentified suspect fled the scene after fatally shooting two people early Wednesday morning at Grambling State University in Louisiana, KNOE-TV reports.
According to ABC News, an altercation in a campus dorm room at the historically Black university led to the shooting, which happened in a courtyard outside.
Grambling’s Media Relations Director Will Sutton told ABC News affiliate KNOE that a student called the police after the shooting. The two victims, Earl Andrews and Monquiarius Caldwell were pronounced dead at the scene.
“Our prayers go out to the victims and their families,” Sutton said, according to The News Star. “Violence has no place on our campus. We will fully cooperate with the police investigation.”
Andrews was a senior at GSU, but Caldwell was not a student at the university. Both were 23 years old and from Farmerville, Louisiana, ABC reported. Investigators do not believe the shooter was a GSU student.
This is a developing story.
SOURCE: KNOE-TV, ABC News, News Star
Failed Ex-Howard University Medical Student Suspected In Shooting Scare
Disgraced: Documentary Tells Story Of Murdered Baylor University Black Basketball Player
Every Time President Obama Has Addressed A Mass Shooting In His Presidency
13 photos Launch gallery
1. Fort Hood Shooting - November 5, 2009
1 of 13
2. Tucson Shooting - January 8, 2011
2 of 13
3. Aurora Shooting - July 20, 2012
3 of 13
4. Sikh Temple Shooting - August 5, 2012
4 of 13
5. Sandy Hook Shooting - December 14, 2012
5 of 13
6. Navy Yard Shooting - September 16, 2013
6 of 13
7. Second Fort Hood Shooting - April 2, 2014
7 of 13
8. Kansas Jewish Community Shooting - April 13, 2014
8 of 13
9. Charleston Emanuel AME Shooting - June 17, 2015
9 of 13
10. Chattanooga Recruiting Center Shooting - July 16, 2015
10 of 13
11. Umpqua Community College Shooting - October 1, 2015
11 of 13
12. San Bernardino - December 2, 2015
12 of 13
13. Orlando Pulse Shooting - June 12, 2016
13 of 13