They are calling it the deadliest mass shooting in American history. More than 50 people killed and over 400 injured after a mass shooting occurred during a Jason Aldean concert at the Mandalay Bay Casino in Las Vegas last night.
Las Vegas police say that the shooter, 64-year-old Stephen Paddock, is dead. Paddock opened fire from the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay Hotel and Casino across the street from the concert with an automatic weapon.
Don’t Miss The Latest In Entertainment, News, and More! Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
What we know:
- What’s happened: Over 50 people were killed and more than 400 injured in a shooting outside the Mandalay Bay Resort on the Las Vegas Strip during a music festival on Sunday night. It is the deadliest mass shooting in US history. Shots were fired from the 32nd floor of the resort, according to police. Country singer Jason Aldean was performing at the time.
- What we know about the suspect: Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Sherif Joseph Lombardo named the suspect as 64-year-old Stephen Paddock. Described as a “local resident,” the suspected shooter has been killed. Lombardo said police have tracked down Paddock’s female companion, Marilou Danley.
- What we know about the victims: Off-duty police officers are among the dead, according to LVMPD Sheriff Joe Lombardo. Their identities have not been released. Two police officers are also being treated for injuries — one officer is in critical condition and the other has minor injuries.
Text “iPower” to 37890 for your chance at ticket giveaways and news before anyone else!…Standard Messaging Rates Apply
For the Latest Entertainment News:Follow @‘ipowerrichmond’
- Sign Up For iPower’s Newsletter!
- IPower Text Club Info, Consent, & E-Sign
- Nas “Action Figure” Has Arrived!
- Money Moves: Tyler Perry & Amazon Studios Agree To A Four-Picture Film Deal
- Megan The Stallion Makes History As The First Black Woman To Cover The ‘Forbes’ Under 30 Issue
- Rihanna Steps Out For A Night Of Fun In A Vintage Magda Butrym Mini-Dress