You’re starting college in a few weeks when you hear a phrase as unfamiliar, as it is horrifying, “The Freshman 15.”
The ill-fated 10-15 pounds that most first-year college students pack on during their initial year on campus.
Don’t Miss The Latest Music, Celebrities, and Interviews. Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
So, what is the cause of this magical weight gain?
Well, for the first time we’re away from home and challenged by the task of incorporating a healthy diet and exercise while balancing coursework and a hectic schedule. Not to mention, fast food restaurants are EVERYWHERE, the additional stress, increased alcohol consumption, and the calorie-rich cafeteria food tastes pretty good — usually.
So what can we do to avoid adding a pot belly and love handles to our svelte physique? Here are 5 easy tips for dodging the Freshman 15:
For the Latest Entertainment News: Follow @‘ipowerrichmond’
- Hibbett Sports Grand Opening on Facebook LIVE
- The Intersection of Two Movements: LGBTQ Community and Black Lives Matter
- Buy Black RVA
- Newsletter Sign-Up
- IPower Text Club Info, Consent, & E-Sign
- Coko Of SWV Reveals She Witnessed Tragic Event Leading Up To Verzuz With Xscape
- Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx Apologies For ‘Confusion’ Her Office Caused in Adam Toldeo Case
- Cori Bush Pushes Back After Using Gender-Inclusive Language During Powerful Testimony On Black Maternal Health
- Letitia James Files $2.75M Suit Against Right-Wing Voter Operatives Who Targeted Black Voters