You’re starting college in a few weeks when you hear a phrase as unfamiliar, as it is horrifying, “The Freshman 15.”
The ill-fated 10-15 pounds that most first-year college students pack on during their initial year on campus.
Don’t Miss The Latest Music, Celebrities, and Interviews. Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
So, what is the cause of this magical weight gain?
Well, for the first time we’re away from home and challenged by the task of incorporating a healthy diet and exercise while balancing coursework and a hectic schedule. Not to mention, fast food restaurants are EVERYWHERE, the additional stress, increased alcohol consumption, and the calorie-rich cafeteria food tastes pretty good — usually.
So what can we do to avoid adding a pot belly and love handles to our svelte physique? Here are 5 easy tips for dodging the Freshman 15:
For the Latest Entertainment News: Follow @‘ipowerrichmond’
- Buy Black RVA
- Newsletter Sign-Up
- IPower Text Club Info, Consent, & E-Sign
- Asking For A Friend: Dating For Six Months & Still No Commitment?
- ‘Time To Get The Job Done’: Stacey Abrams Launches 2022 Campaign For Georgia Governor
- Supreme Court Closer To Historic Ruling That Threatens Future Of Roe V. Wade
- Jacqueline Avant, Wife Of ‘Black Godfather’ Clarence Avant, Shot & Killed In Home Robbery