Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
We’ve lost another hip hop icon. According to TMZ, Prodigy from Mobb Deep has died in Las Vegas. He was 42 years old. Reportedly, the rapper battled health problems for years, specifically sickle cell disease.
Prodigy was in Las Vegas performing at a show that included Ghostface Killah, Onyx, KRS-One, Ice-T, and of course Mobb Deep. Prodigy, along with Havoc, rocked the stage Saturday night. At this time, there are no other details of his passing.
Mobb Deep was formed in New York in the early 1990s. Both Prodigy and Havoc rapped and produced their early albums. Their 1995 sophomore release The Infamous is considered a classic in hip hop circles with one of their biggest hits being “Shook Ones (Part II).”
Prodigy was 42 years-old. We’ll keep you updated as more info surfaces.
For the Latest Entertainment News: Follow @‘ipowerrichmond’
- Hibbett Sports Grand Opening on Facebook LIVE
- The Intersection of Two Movements: LGBTQ Community and Black Lives Matter
- Buy Black RVA
- Newsletter Sign-Up
- IPower Text Club Info, Consent, & E-Sign
- The Undressing Room Podcast Presented By Macy’s: Episode 27 “What Women Want”
- Nike To Drop “Classic Edition” Retro Jerseys For 3 NBA Teams
- Fenty Beauty Made Rihanna A Billionaire
- HHW Review: Isaiah Rashad Embraces The Towering Arc Of His Artistic Journey On ‘The House Is Burning’