Last night, Barack Obama gave his farewell speech to the nation from his hometown of Chicago. For the last time as the 44th President of the United States, America’s first black President addressed his people, and reminded us of all the amazing things he accomplished during his administration. He also included a heartfelt thank you to his wife, Michelle Obama, and the classiest of digs at Donald Trump.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Rickey Smiley looks back on his 8 years as president and marvels at everything he overcame to go down in history as one of America’s most beloved presidents. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” live weekdays from 6-10am EST.
10 Reasons Why We Are Thankful For President Barack Obama
1. We’ll never forget the moment President Obama said Trayvon Martin could have been his son.Source:Getty 1 of 9
2. And let’s not forget President Obama was the man behind capturing and killing Al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden.Source:Getty 2 of 9
3. He also rejoiced when the Supreme Court ruled in favor of protecting same-sex marriage.Source:Getty 3 of 9
4. He always gets his hands a little dirty.Source:Getty 4 of 9
5. He genuinely, wholeheartedly, loves the kids.Source:Getty 5 of 9
6. Plus, he’s all about b-ball.Source:Getty 6 of 9
7. He made two of our favorite players the happiest men on Earth.Source:Getty 7 of 9
8. … And what a beautiful example for men on how to treat the ladies in your life.Source:Getty 8 of 9
9. There will never be another as suave as President Obama & for that alone, we’re thankful.Source:Getty 9 of 9
Why Barack Obama’s Excellence Cannot Be Denied [EXCLUSIVE] was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com