Kim Burrell has found herself in the center of controversy, as a sermon she was giving surfaced online. In the sermon, she was preaching about homosexuality as a sin. The backlash was swift; she lost out on appearances and performances, and her radio show was even cancelled.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
All of this comes down just as she is set to to do promotion for the film “Hidden Figures,” the soundtrack for which she is singing on. On the one hand, it seems like a harsh punishment for all of these opportunities to vanish from under her, but on the other hand, did she really have go that far in the sermon? Click on the audio player to hear Headkrack explain more in this exclusive clip of the Hip-Hop Spot.
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” live weekdays 6-10am EST.
TV Shows Cancelled Due To Controversy
1. Sorority Sisters1 of 12
2. Honey Boo Boo2 of 12
3. The Cosby Show3 of 12
4. Michael Sam's upcoming OWN reality show4 of 12
5. Stephen Collins' '7th Heaven' reruns5 of 12
6. Ceelo Green's 'The Good Life'6 of 12
7. Bill Maher's 'Politically Incorrect'7 of 12
8. Bill Cosby's upcoming NBC sitcom 'Cosby 77'8 of 12
9. Paula Deen's 'Paula's Homecooking'9 of 12
10. Basketball Wives Miami10 of 12
11. Shawty Lo's 'All My Baby's Mama's'11 of 12
12. 'Sorority Sisters'12 of 12
Does Kim Burrell Deserve The Backlash For Her Anti-Gay Sermon? [EXCLUSIVE] was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com