Just weeks after Shawty Lo‘s death, the official autopsy report reveals the Atlanta rapper died of blunt force trauma to the head, TMZ reports.
While official toxicology reports have not come in, the Fulton County Medical Examiner reports a prescription bottle labeled “Promethazine,” but filled with Percocet and Vicodin, was found on his person.
The medical examiner also claims the rapper’s body emitted a strong smell of alcohol once opened. However, the official toxicology results are not in yet, the report says.
TMZ, which obtained the autopsy report, also says two women riding in the vehicle with the rapper asked police at the scene if they could retrieve cash from Lo’s pockets; they left behind $16.
Shawty Lo, whose formal name was Carlos Walker, died in a fiery car crash when his 2016 Audi crashed through a guard rail ramp off I-285 in Atlanta on September 21. His hits include party anthems “Dey Know” and “Foolish.”
SOURCE: TMZ | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
Radio One, Inc. Says ‘#NotOneMore’
Rapper Shawty Lo Dies In Georgia Car Crash
Remembering Greatness: The Celebrity Deaths Of 2016
14 photos Launch gallery
1. Rapper Shawty Lo died in a fiery Atlanta car crash on the morning of Sept. 21.
1 of 14
2. Sportscaster John Saunders passed away suddenly at the age of 61 on Aug. 10. The details surrounding his passing are still unclear.
2 of 14
3. Actor Gene Wilder, best known for his role in ‘Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory,’ died on Aug. 29 from Alzheimer’s disease.
3 of 14
4. Legendary boxer Muhammad Ali passed away on June 3 after a 32-year battle with Parkinson’s.
4 of 14
5. Actor Anton Yelchin, best known for his role as Chekov in ‘Star Wars,’ passed away minutes after a June 19 car accident.
5 of 14
6. Actor Ron Lester died on Aug. 4 of kidney failure. He was best known for his role in ‘Not Another Teen Movie.’
6 of 14
7. ‘The Voice’ star Christina Grimmie was shot dead at 22 years old by a man who opened fire on her while she signed autographs.
7 of 14
8. Legendary singer Prince tragically died from an accidental prescription drug overdose on April 21. He was 57-years-old.
8 of 14
9. WWF wrestler and actress Chyna died from an accidental overdose of Valium and Ambien on April 20. She was 45 years old.
9 of 14
10. ‘Blood, Sweat, & Heels’ reality star Daisy Lewellyn died from a rare form of liver cancer on April 8.
10 of 14
11. Singer Denise Matthews, aka Vanity, died from kidney failure at the age of 57 on Feb. 15. She was Prince’s protegée and ex-girlfriend.
11 of 14
12. Singer Maurice White passed away on Feb. 3 after battling Parkinson’s disease. He was the founder of R&B group Earth, Wind, & Fire.
12 of 14
13. Rock star David Bowie died on Jan. 10 after battling cancer for 18 months. He was 69.
13 of 14
14. A Tribe Called Quest rapper Phife Dawg passed away on March 22 due to complications from diabetes. He was 45 years old.
14 of 14
Shawty Lo’s Autopsy Report Reveals Cause Of Death was originally published on newsone.com