It’s been a minute since we’ve heard from R&B crooner Mario, but he’s back with new music and a new sound.
In 2013, Mario teamed up with Rick Ross on “Forever” and released a few other singles, but not much came from his return. Taking a break to regroup and refocus, the 29-year-old Baltimore native made a conspicuous return with a club cut titled “I Need More” this past May.
Global Grind invited Mario to hang out at New York City’s Central Park to discuss his comeback after a three-year hiatus, his forthcoming new project Paradise Cove, writing a book, and the state of R&B music.
Mario also took a trip down memory lane and toyed with the idea of reuniting with Gucci Mane.
“I Need More” is the first single off Mario’s forthcoming Paradise Cove LP. To purchase “I Need More,” click here.
Check out our exclusive interview with Mario up top.
Happy Bday, Weezy: 20 Photos Of Lil Wayne & His Famous Friends
1. Trina was one of Wayne's first celebrity relationships back in 2005. The two remain friends to this day.Source:Getty 1 of 20
2. Friends no more, but Birdman and Lil Wayne were so close at one point, they openly kissed on the mouth.Source:Getty 2 of 20
3. Since discovering Nicki Minaj in 2008, the pair have been loyal comrades.Source:Getty 3 of 20
4. No one on the corner has swagger like Weezy, 'Ye, Jay and Tip.Source:Getty 4 of 20
5. 2 Chainz and Lil Wayne have built such a great rapport, they have a joint album together.Source:Getty 5 of 20
6. The self-proclaimed best rapper alive and the greatest current NBA Champion LeBron James have been friends for years.Source:Getty 6 of 20
7. Wayne and Diddy often chop it up about boss talk.Source:Getty 7 of 20
8. Bow Wow and Wayne go back to their "Lil" days.Source:Getty 8 of 20
9. Of course, there's no Drizzy without Weezy.Source:Getty 9 of 20
10. Lil Wayne is a sports fan and pretty good pals with Stephen A. Smith.Source:Getty 10 of 20
11. Justin Bieber and Lil Wayne both spend a lot of time in Miami; that's how their relationship has grown.Source:Getty 11 of 20
12. Floyd Mayweather is another famous friend from Wayne's Miami life.Source:Getty 12 of 20
13. Jesse Jackson a fan of Weezy's? Who knew.Source:Getty 13 of 20
14. Yeezy and Weezy always show love when they're around each other.Source:Getty 14 of 20
15. Skateboard Wayne and Adrien Brody are pals.Source:Getty 15 of 20
16. DJ Khaled has worked with Wayne several times, and the two have built a great friendship.Source:Getty 16 of 20
17. Lil Wayne admitted to having a crush on Ciara back in 2006. They both have since moved on, but remain friends.Source:Getty 17 of 20
18. Serena Williams and Lil Wayne can both talk about being the greatest at what they do.Source:Getty 18 of 20
19. Eminem and Lil Wayne have both reached pinnacles in their career that no one else has. What a way to bond.Source:Getty 19 of 20
20. Christina Milian and Lil Wayne were a little more than just friends. But after their split, they remained cordial.Source:Getty 20 of 20
EXCLUSIVE: Mario Talks Comeback, New Project ‘Paradise Cove,’ & Reuniting With Gucci Mane was originally published on globalgrind.com