has Kashif Saleem passed away at the age of 56.
Little is known about what happened to the Grammy award-winning musician, but the L.A. County Coroner has implied that he died from natural causes, according to reports. Kashif was not only an iconic singer with multiple hits under his belt, he also produced unforgettable love songs for other artists, including Whitney Houston’s “You Give Good Love.”
Originally from Harlem, Kashif was reportedly found dead in his L.A. home, where he lived alone, on Monday, Sept. 26. His family sent out a tweet confirming his death this morning.
Chuck D also tweeted out his condolences.
To send Kashif off with love, check out the
Unsung episode TV One dedicated to him below:
SOURCE: TV One | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
Remembering Greatness: The Celebrity Deaths Of 2016
14 photos Launch gallery
1. Rapper Shawty Lo died in a fiery Atlanta car crash on the morning of Sept. 21.
1 of 14
2. Sportscaster John Saunders passed away suddenly at the age of 61 on Aug. 10. The details surrounding his passing are still unclear.
2 of 14
3. Actor Gene Wilder, best known for his role in 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory,' died on Aug. 29 from Alzheimer's disease.
3 of 14
4. Legendary boxer Muhammad Ali passed away on June 3 after a 32-year battle with Parkinson's.
4 of 14
5. Actor Anton Yelchin, best known for his role as Chekov in 'Star Wars,' passed away minutes after a June 19 car accident.
5 of 14
6. Actor Ron Lester died on Aug. 4 of kidney failure. He was best known for his role in 'Not Another Teen Movie.'
6 of 14
7. 'The Voice' star Christina Grimmie was shot dead at 22 years old by a man who opened fire on her while she signed autographs.
7 of 14
8. Legendary singer Prince tragically died from an accidental prescription drug overdose on April 21. He was 57-years-old.
8 of 14
9. WWF wrestler and actress Chyna died from an accidental overdose of Valium and Ambien on April 20. She was 45 years old.
9 of 14
10. 'Blood, Sweat, & Heels' reality star Daisy Lewellyn died from a rare form of liver cancer on April 8.
10 of 14
11. Singer Denise Matthews, aka Vanity, died from kidney failure at the age of 57 on Feb. 15. She was Prince's protegée and ex-girlfriend.
11 of 14
12. Singer Maurice White passed away on Feb. 3 after battling Parkinson's disease. He was the founder of R&B group Earth, Wind, & Fire.
12 of 14
13. Rock star David Bowie died on Jan. 10 after battling cancer for 18 months. He was 69.
13 of 14
14. A Tribe Called Quest rapper Phife Dawg passed away on March 22 due to complications from diabetes. He was 45 years old.
14 of 14
R&B Legend Kashif Dead At 56
was originally published on