Last night’s debate between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton was the first of three, and revealed a lot about the differences between the candidates before us. The 2016 election depends heavily on the turnout of voters, a turnout which is not guaranteed.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Jeff Johnson notes a common explanation of why people don’t want to vote. They often believe that the president is not “elected,” its “selected.” But Jeff explains why, despite the electoral college system, individual votes really do matter. Click on the audio player to hear him explain more in this edition of ‘3 Things You Should Know’ on “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” live weekdays 6-10am EST.
The Stars Flock To DC For National Museum Of African American History & Culture
1. Sam Jackson, Will Smith, Dave Chapelle and Doug E. FreshSource:Erica Campbell Instagram 1 of 16
2. Tina Campbell, Patti Austin, Chloe & Halle and Erica CampbellSource:Instagram 2 of 16
3. FantasiaSource:Instagram 3 of 16
4. Janelle Monae and her celebrity friendsSource:Instagram 4 of 16
5. Lupita Noyongo, David Oyelowo and Tendo NagendaSource:Instagram 5 of 16
6. Magic, Cookie, Angela and CourtneySource:Instagram 6 of 16
7. Debbie Allen, Phylicia Rashad and Tom HanksSource:Instagram 7 of 16
8. Mary MarySource:Instagram 8 of 16
9. Oprah, Stedman Graham, Gayle King and their friendsSource:Instagram 9 of 16
10. Cookie Johnson, Samuel Jackson, Rep. John Lewis and Dr. LaTonya JacksonSource:AP 10 of 16
11. Will SmithSource:AP 11 of 16
12. POTUS and Lonnie BunchSource:AP 12 of 16
13. John LegendSource:AP 13 of 16
14. Kobe BryantSource:AP 14 of 16
15. Hank AaronSource:AP 15 of 16
16. POTUS and FLOTUSSource:AP 16 of 16
Why The Popular Vote Still Matters [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO] was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com