After enduring months of public scrutiny, Kesha has temporarily given up pursuing her lawsuit against her former producer Dr. Luke. In a statement to Rolling Stone, Kesha’s lawyer Daniel Petrocelli explained why Kesha has dropped the suit in California and outlined her options to continue the suit in another jurisdiction.
“Kesha has dismissed her California action without prejudice while she pursues her appeal and other legal claims in the New York courts. Kesha is focused on getting back to work and has delivered 28 new songs to the record label. We have conveyed to Sony and the label Kesha’s strong desire to release her next album and single as soon as possible.”
Kesha confirmed the news with a heartfelt statement on her Facebook page:
Kesha, whose career has been on hold since 2014, filed a lawsuit against Dr. Luke alleging he emotionally, physically, and sexually abused her during their time together as artist and producer. Dr. Luke has vehemently denied those allegations, but artists who’ve worked with the super producer – such as Kelly Clarkson, Taylor Swift, and Lady Gaga – have publicly supported Kesha and her allegations.
Hopefully, Kesha won’t let the court of public opinion or America’s support of rape culture deter her from pursuing the lawsuit in New York.
SOURCE: Facebook | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
13 Celebrity Men Who've Been Accused Of Heinous Crimes But Are Still Idolized
1. Bill Cosby: Since 2005, over a dozen women have alleged that Bill Cosby drugged and then sexually assaulted them. With the allegations getting media attention again, the first supermodel ever, Janice Dickinson, has also come forward to reveal the "Cosby Show" actor raped her in 1982.1 of 9
2. Michael Jackson: Throughout his career, the King of Pop was accused of molesting young boys several times. After he died, it was discovered that Michael spent over $35 million covering up the alleged molestation of 24 boys.2 of 9
3. Martin Lawrence: Leading man in one of the best comedy series ever, Martin's co-star Tisha Campbell left the show "Martin" in 1997, citing sexual harassment, sexual battery, verbal abuse, and threats from Martin. To make matters worse, Tisha recently revealed she was a victim of rape at just 3-years-old.3 of 9
4. Terry Richardson: The man on the other side of the lens has been labeled a sexual predator by more than a few women. Multiple models have claimed Richardson requested sexual favors during shoots, and the heinous accusations stretch all the way back to 2005.4 of 9
5. Woody Allen: The famed director reportedly sexually abused his 7-year-old adopted daughter Dylan Farrow. Allen refused to take a polygraph test administered by state police, and the young girl's claims were found to be consistent with the testimony of three adults who were around the same day the abuse happened.5 of 9
6. James Brown: James Brown has not only been arrested for armed robbery, in the early 2000s he was sued by a woman who claimed it was Brown's fault she suffered from Graves' disease, as he allegedly raped her at gunpoint in 1988.6 of 9
7. Kobe Bryant: The LA Laker was the center of a lot of negative attention in 2003, when a 19-year-old hotel employee accused the basketball player of raping her. Though Kobe admitted to having sex with her - and remember, he was married at the time - he denies it was rape.7 of 9
8. Sean Penn: The famed actor is not only known for his ability to meaningfully portray a character, he's also known for tying up ex-wife Madonna and beating her bloody. She escaped when she told her husband of the time she had to use the bathroom.8 of 9
9. Marv Albert: In 1997, the beloved Sportscaster plead guilty to sexual assault and battery of a longtime lover, who claimed that he repeatedly bit her and forced her to perform oral sex on him. She claimed she was only able to escape after ripping his toupee off of his head.9 of 9
This Is Why Kesha Is Dropping Her Lawsuit Against Dr. Luke was originally published on globalgrind.com