The sports heroes of today are praised more than ever before. With the help of technology and social media, many athletes have built relationships with their fans that make their iconic moments that much more special.
From Serena and Venus Williams taking over the tennis world, to Usain Bolt’s Olympic wins, there’s plenty of inspiration for the next generation of sports leaders.
In honor of Black History Month 2017, we honor the accomplishments of the black athletes who have undoubtedly contributed to this great nation.
PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
Serena Williams Attends Sports Illustrated’s Sportsperson Of The Year Ceremony
1. Serena WilliamsSource: 1 of 7
2. 14502785867656Source: 2 of 7
3. 14502785887787Source: 3 of 7
4. 1450278173556Source: 4 of 7
5. 14502781875377Source: 5 of 7
6. 14502785516236Source: 6 of 7
7. 14502782032022Source: 7 of 7
Black History Month: Modern-Day Sports Icons & Moments was originally published on newsone.com