Before tearing through your next fast food order, be sure to carefully inspect the meal for a shot at financial gain. The world is full of people willing to pay top-dollar for rare, odd or novelty items. Case in point: A recent online auction for a single chicken nugget sold for $99,997.00 U.S. Dollars.
The nugget, shaped like a character from Among us, had a total of 184 bids before a winner was declared.
The item’s seller said the rare nugget came from a BTS Combo meal – a special promotion between McDonald’s and Korean pop band BTS. The meal comes with nine Chicken McNuggets, two brand new Korean-style dipping sauces, medium fries, and a medium Coke. The prized nugget will be delivered to the winning bidder frozen and air sealed.
As usual, Twitter had a field day when results from the high-ticket nugget auction landed online.
It’s been an eventful week for McDonald’s chicken nuggets. Elsewhere in the world, the popular snack made headlines after a dine-in experience nearly cost a child in Ireland his life.
According to a June 4 story posted by BBC News, Mary Byrne and her son Johnny Óg owe a debt of gratitude to a man named Gabriel McKenna. Johnny stopped breathing after attempting to swallow a chicken nugget whole.
“I had tried to eat the nugget in one go and I was trying to cry but my body didn’t let me,” he explained.
McKenna, who just happened to be nearby, jumped into action. He turned the child upside down and, after a couple strong thrusts, was able to get the food dislodged.
Chloe Bailey, Jidenna, Ari Lennox & The HOTTEST IG Pics Of The Week
- Buy Black RVA
- Newsletter Sign-Up
- IPower Text Club Info, Consent, & E-Sign
- Discriminatory Voter ID Law Once Again Struck Down In North Carolina
- U.S. To Remove Thousands Of Haitians In Texas Seeking Asylum, But ‘There Is Nothing To Go Back To’
- Florida Rapper SpotEmGottEm Reportedly Shot In Miami
- Jailed Michigan State Rep. Jewell Jones Facing New Charges After ‘Bizarre Attempt To Escape’
- Ashanti Closes Door On Nelly Reunion By Announcing She’s Booed Up
- Travis Scott To Drop “Cactus Jack” Nike Air Trainer 1 SP’s
- Texas Voting Law Shows How The GOP Has Depended On Racism To Keep White People In Power
- ‘Racist City’: Black Bostonians Lament Voters Passing Over African American Mayoral Candidates
- Boston Moves Closer To Electing First Non-White Male Mayor, But She Won’t Be Black
- Larry Elder Gets Trounced In Recall Election As California Voters Choose To Stick With Gov. Gavin Newsom
Chicken Nugget That Resembles Hit Video Game Character Sells For $100,000 was originally published on wzakcleveland.com