In RVA, all eyes are on the Navy Hill Development Project, a proposal introduced by the NHDC (NH District Corp) and Mayor Levar Stoney to revive a 10-block radius of downtown Richmond. The documents include plans to redevelop the area ultimately creating new jobs, affordable housing, additional revenue and other opportunities, like the construction of a state-of-the-art arena.
On Monday Richmond City Council members asked Mayor Stoney to withdraw the Navy Hill proposal and to essentially restart the process by having interested parties submit new proposals on what to do with the city-owned land in downtown Richmond.
Mayor Levar Stoney took to Twitter to express his disappointment.
Don’t Miss The Latest In Entertainment, News, and More! Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Text “iPower” to 37890 for your chance at ticket giveaways and news before anyone else!…Standard Messaging Rates Apply
For the Latest Entertainment News:
- Hibbett Sports – Virtual Grand Opening w/ DJ Sir RJ
- The Intersection of Two Movements: LGBTQ Community and Black Lives Matter
- Buy Black RVA
- Newsletter Sign-Up
- IPower Text Club Info, Consent, & E-Sign
- Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin Says He Recommended Syria Airstrike: ‘We Know What We Hit’
- The Beauty Of Little Africa: The History of Black Wall Street
- Rep. Al Green Blasts Republicans Voting Against ‘Equality’ For LGBTQ: ‘Have You No Shame?’
- Wanda Vision’s Teyonah Parris & Fans Dance To Trending “Agatha All Along” Song
City Council Members Urge Mayor Stoney To Withdraw Navy Hill Proposal was originally published on kissrichmond.com