We all know Tina Lawson is probably one of the most supportive mothers out there. So it’s no surprise that she mixed being a cheerleader for her oldest child, Beyonce, and raise money for the non-profit gallery and performance complex WACO Theater Center that she co-chairs with her husband Richard Lawson.
How did she do this? The theme for the 3rd annual Wearable Arts Gala was “A Journey to the Pride Lands,” inspired by the movie The Lion King. If you didn’t know Beyonce is playing Nala in Disney’s reboot of The Lion King coming out in theaters nationwide July 19th.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
So of course, black Hollywood came out in the most royal threads as a nod to the motherland and The Lion King! Hitting the pink carpet this year was Blue Ivy Carter, Beyonce, Steve Harvey, Kelly Rowland, Michelle Williams, Tyler Perry, Holly Robinson Pete, and Tiffany Haddish to name a few.
Maxwell performed at the celebration this year and 7-year-old Blue Ivy Carter reportedly bid 11K diamond ring during the auction. Last year Blue bid 20K on a piece of art at last years auction, but she was promptly stopped by her father Jay-Z so she didn’t win. This years gala raised over 2 million to support the arts in L.A.
- Your Voice Counts: Register Today and Find Early Voting Locations
- Breast Cancer Awareness: Honoring Strength
- 2nd Street Festival Returns October 7-8 to Downtown Richmond
- 804 Sessions Presents: Itzwayne
- The “804 Sessions” Contest
- Desi Banks & Waka Flocka Talk New Podcast, We Playin’ Spades!
- ‘Orchard Full Of Bad Apples’: Attorneys For Le’Keian Woods Call For DOJ Investigation Into JSO
- Happy Anniversary: Michelle And Barack Obama Celebrate Their 31st Wedding Anniversary
- ‘Bigly’ Mad: Donald Trump’s Civil Fraud Trial In 10 Fantastically Furious Photos
- Urban One Celebrates 43rd Anniversary Of Cathy Hughes Founding Media Empire
- Rep. Ayanna Pressley Predicts Barbara Lee Will Succeed Laphonza Butler And Win 2024 Senate Election
- Ron DeSantis Ally Hosts Online Debate That Considered Supporting White Nationalists In Power
- Barbara Lee Reacts To Laphonza Butler’s Appointment As Dianne Feinstein’s ‘Interim’ US Senate Replacement
Black Hollywood Slays At The 2019 Wearable Art Gala was originally published on mycolumbuspower.com
Jack Daniels Commits $15,000 In Grants To RVA Small Businesses: Enter Today
Free Event: Chevrolet's 'Real Talk Drives Real Change Tour' Coming Sept 22nd!
[VIDEO] Man Punched For Yelling During Beyonce Mute Challenge In Houston
Not Brenda Song! Jeezy’s New Boo, Jeannie Mai, Slammed For Fetishizing Black Men
Ginuwine Passes Out After Stunt Gone Wrong
[VIDEO] 16 People Injured: Drop Zone Ride Crashes to Ground
Exclusive: Actor Djimon Hounsou Talks 'Run Richmond 16.19' with King Tutt
The “804 Sessions” Contest