TMZ has broken the news that John Singleton had a mild stroke and is being treated in ICU in an unnamed hospital.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Singleton had just returned from Costa Rica and was experiencing some weakness in his leg. He checked himself into a hospital after not feeling well. Singleton’s family stated, “We ask that privacy be given to him and our family at this time and appreciate all of the prayers that have been pouring in from his fans, friends and colleagues.”
Singleton became a household name in 1991 with his directorial debut of “Boyz In Tha Hood” earning Oscar nominations. Other notable projects included “Poetic Justice,” “2 Fast 2 Furious,” “Empire,” “The People vs OJ Simpson: American Crime Story” and more.
- Tekashi 6ix9ine Testimony (Audio)
- #NewMusic: Boosie Badazz & Zaytoven ‘Excuse Me’
- VA High School Football Report – Week of September 20th
- Barbershop Talk: Real Talk With Teens And Young Adults
- Taraji P. Henson Shows Off Her Natural Twist-Out…And We’re Here For It!
- HAUGHT OR NAUGHT: H&M Under Fire For Neglecting A Young Black Models’ Hair, The Popular Retailer Defends Hairstyle
- Are You A Hairstylist Living In The NYC Metro Area? Then You Need To Be At The 2019 Extensions Expo
- This Black Woman Filmmaker Could Help Lead Alfre Woodard To An Oscar
- Grand Opening, Grand Closing: Patriots Cut Antonio Brown
- Ben Carson Reportedly Continues War On Trans Community With ‘Disrespectful’ Comments