TMZ has broken the news that John Singleton had a mild stroke and is being treated in ICU in an unnamed hospital.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Singleton had just returned from Costa Rica and was experiencing some weakness in his leg. He checked himself into a hospital after not feeling well. Singleton’s family stated, “We ask that privacy be given to him and our family at this time and appreciate all of the prayers that have been pouring in from his fans, friends and colleagues.”
Singleton became a household name in 1991 with his directorial debut of “Boyz In Tha Hood” earning Oscar nominations. Other notable projects included “Poetic Justice,” “2 Fast 2 Furious,” “Empire,” “The People vs OJ Simpson: American Crime Story” and more.
- Celebrity Stylist Takisha Sturdivant-Drew Does Not Want You Cutting Your Hair To Make Baby Hairs
- Naya Rivera Missing After Boat Trip On Lake, 4-Year-Old Son Found Alone
- Stephen Jackson Explains Defense Of DeSean Jackson, Says He Chose Wrong Words
- Ralph Lauren Releases Limited-Edition COVID-19 Benefit Polo Shirt, Designed By Black Woman
- HHW Gaming: Tyler “Ninja” Blevins Moving His Stream To YouTube Gaming
- WNBA Players Call For Senator Kelly Loeffler To Step Down After Suspect Black Live Matters Remarks
- Fired! Hair Stylist Accused Of Not Cutting ‘Black People’s Hair’ Loses Her Job
- Billy Sorrells File: Would You Snitch On Your Girlfriend for $25,000?! [VIDEO]
- T.I. Responds To Snitch Allegations After His Old Crime Stoppers Video Resurfaces [Video]
- Tiffany Haddish Does The Big Chop + Teyana Taylor Helps Black-Owned Nail Designer Sell Out [VIDEO]