Morning Reporter for ABC 8 News
Talya Cunningham is the Morning Reporter for ABC 8 News. She came from Charlottesville where she was a morning anchor and reporter for four years on the local CBS station. During that time she was also an anchor for a news radio network where she delivered news during the afternoon drive.
On her time in Charlottesville, she covered the Hannah Graham murder case, making her debut on national television. She was featured on CNN, HLN and the Nancy Grace Show. Talya has also covered the controversial debate and race riots over the Robert E. Lee statue. She was at the forefront of the August 12th Unite The Right Rally and tiki torch rally.
Although hard news is what she focuses on, her favorite part is being out in the community, meeting viewers and especially going into local schools. Talya has volunteered her time to several school districts, one honoring her for her time and commitment. She’s read to children, helped with volunteer projects, and covered countless stories on young success.
Don’t Miss The Latest In Entertainment, News, and More! Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Text “iPower” to 37890 for your chance at ticket giveaways and news before anyone else!…Standard Messaging Rates Apply
For the Latest Entertainment News:
- BROVEMBER – Men’s Health Month Virtual Forum
- 17th Annual Community Clovia & Radio One Toy Drive
- The Intersection of Two Movements: LGBTQ Community and Black Lives Matter
- Buy Black RVA
- Newsletter Sign-Up
- IPower Text Club Info, Consent, & E-Sign
- Richmond vs. Furman Cancelled Due To COVID Issue w/ Richmond Hoops
- Here’s What Barack Obama Had To Say About His New Memoir, The Biden Harris Campaign, and COVID-19
- John Wall Writes Touching Letter To His DMV Family Before Departure
- Who’s Cappin?! Is Donald Trump Really Considering Pardoning His Children?!