In 2017, there were 356 mass shootings in the United States. As of February 16th, we have had 18 school shootings in 2018. Rickey Smiley reads the names of all the young lives that were lost in Florida on that day, when a 19-year-old entered a high school with an AR-15 and opened fire. Last year, Donald Trump ended the Obama-era gun regulation that made it more difficult for people with mental illness to purchase guns.
Attorney Glennon Threatt discusses the matter, explaining why this shooting was totally preventable. He also talks about the link to domestic terrorism, as a North Florida white supremacist group has confirmed that the shooter was affiliated with, and perhaps even a trained member of, the organization. Click on the audio player to hear him explain that and much more in this exclusive clip from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Exclusive: Jay Ellis Reveals Which Celebrity Friends He’d Trust To Get Him Out Of An “Escape Room”
- ‘HTGAWM’ Recap: If [Redacted] Dies, We Riot
- I’m Good Beloved, Enjoy: Rihanna Declines Super Bowl Halftime Show In Support Of Colin Kaepernick
- Reality Check: Black Soccer Dad Could Have Been Arrested Or Worse For Doing Nothing Wrong
- Leah’s Lemonade: Did Wale and Solange Date In The Past?
- Kierra Coles’ Mother Addresses Rumors That Boyfriend Is Involved In Her Disappearance
- Dr. Collier: “The Flu Vaccine Does Not Give You The Flu” [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Mayoral Candidate Amara Eniya Slams Corrupt Police Departments In Chicago
- Toya Wright Is Not Here For Reginae Carter’s Relationship: ‘I Don’t Like The Age Difference’
- Who Created “The Woah” Dance, Dallas Or Houston?