Kevilynn Gatson & Yunetta Smith are licensed professional counselors from their organization, The Process Is Real (TPR). They joined Rickey Smiley in-studio to talk about the importance of setting boundaries. They talked about people’s tendencies to struggle with telling people no, and why many of us don’t feel okay being honest with folks in that way.
They also explain how friends or loved ones who won’t accept your “no” can be emotionally manipulating you. “To live the life you want, you have to set boundaries.” They also break down why it’s not selfish to put yourself first, and why helping everybody else at the expense of your own happiness does no good. Check out this exclusive video to hear their insights in this clip from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Cathy Hughes, Founder and Chairperson of Urban One, Inc., Mourns The Death Of Aretha Franklin
- Queen Of Soul Aretha Franklin Dies At Age 76
- Omarosa Claims Donald Trump Hit On Her
- Green Eyes: How Safaree & Nicki Minaj War Gives Lessons On Insecurity
- Clark Atlanta University Is Far From Alone When It Comes To Student Housing Issues
- Teyana Taylor Exits Jeremih Tour: “You’ve Done Nothin’ But Act Like A Diva”
- Time’s Up Just Made A Major Move On Their Grind To Fight Sexual Harassment
- Awkward Game Show Clips: This Question About The Obamas Would’ve Never Stumped A Black Man
- ‘Love Is’ Recap: Nuri Drops A Major Bombshell About Her Past
- Nicki Minaj’s Public Quarrel With Safaree Is A Reminder Black Women Are Loyal To A Fault
How To Free Yourself By Setting Boundaries In A Relationship [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO] was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com