Kevilynn Gatson & Yunetta Smith are licensed professional counselors from their organization, The Process Is Real (TPR). They joined Rickey Smiley in-studio to talk about the importance of setting boundaries. They talked about people’s tendencies to struggle with telling people no, and why many of us don’t feel okay being honest with folks in that way.
They also explain how friends or loved ones who won’t accept your “no” can be emotionally manipulating you. “To live the life you want, you have to set boundaries.” They also break down why it’s not selfish to put yourself first, and why helping everybody else at the expense of your own happiness does no good. Check out this exclusive video to hear their insights in this clip from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Travis Scott Finally Opens Up About Daughter Stormi
- So Who Did It: Blac Chyna Says She Didn’t Drop Sex Tape
- This Vintage Video Of Nina Simone Will Have You Feeling Like A Wakandan
- 15 Little Known Facts About Malcolm X’s Life, From Birth To Death
- Why Black Tony Is Upset That Cam Newton Wasn’t In “Black Panther” [EXCLUSIVE]
- Who Really Killed Malcolm X? Amid Conspiracy Theories, Louis Farrakhan Says He Didn’t Do It
- Black Tony Needs Rickey Smiley’s Help Getting His Ankle Bracelet Off [EXCLUSIVE]
- Praise Break: Charles Jenkins “Grace” [EXCLUSIVE]
- We Got A Problem “If She Asks To See Your Phone” [Video]
- Tavis Smiley Lawsuit Claims PBS Suspension For Sexual Misconduct Was Racist