Kevilynn Gatson & Yunetta Smith are licensed professional counselors from their organization, The Process Is Real (TPR). They joined Rickey Smiley in-studio to talk about the importance of setting boundaries. They talked about people’s tendencies to struggle with telling people no, and why many of us don’t feel okay being honest with folks in that way.
They also explain how friends or loved ones who won’t accept your “no” can be emotionally manipulating you. “To live the life you want, you have to set boundaries.” They also break down why it’s not selfish to put yourself first, and why helping everybody else at the expense of your own happiness does no good. Check out this exclusive video to hear their insights in this clip from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- STONE SOUL 2018 – BUY TICKETS HERE
- The One Thing African Americans Need To Know About Memorial Day
- How Uncle Bruce Is Doing After Heart Surgery [EXCLUSIVE]
- Almost Friday Shmood: When School’s Out, Work Is Almost Done, & The Dance Crew Is Ready
- Shooketh: This Cat Just Found Out She Was Pregnant And The Puss Looks Pissed
- Nicki Minaj Is Pushing Back The Release Of Next Album( Video)
- La La Is Turning Her Book ‘The Love Playbook’ Into A Movie With Queen Latifah
- Morgan Freeman’s Misconduct Apology Proves Harassment Is An Everyday Thang For Some Men
- Insecuri-Tea: Dro’s Real Life Girlfriend Found Out About His Baby With ‘Tasha’ Along With The Rest Of Us
- Watch: Anderson .Paak Joins ‘Desus & Mero’ And Talks About His Stash Of 75,000 Unreleased Songs
How To Free Yourself By Setting Boundaries In A Relationship [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO] was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com