Isaiah Washington and Meta Golding sat down at “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” to talk about “Behind The Movement,” which airs on TVOne this Sunday. Isaiah explained why E.D. Nixon isn’t talked about like his contemporaries, even though he made monumental moves in the civil rights movement. Isaiah explains that E.D. & Rosa Parks had been looking for years for the right people to serve as symbols for the movement. He also reveals that Rosa Parks’ case served as the first of four that eventually lead to the official desegregation of Montgomery’s busses.
Plus, Meta explains the sacrifice Rosa Parks made by giving herself to the movement; her life was never the same. She never received any financial benefit, and was the target of harassment and terrorism her whole life. Check out this exclusive video to hear more in this clip from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Khloé Kardashian Checks Out & Obama Has Interesting Words On Masculinity: This Week’s Winners & Losers
- Members Of The Hateful Group That Candace Owens Works For Wants Her Fired
- Gary’s Tea: Meghan Markle Has $200,000 Baby Shower, Wendy Williams Returns Date Announced & More
- Absolutely No One Is Safe: The Pettiest Tweets From Black History Month So Far
- Gunna Shares The Importance of Drip & How It Was Shooting For His Album Cover
- Some Type Of Way: If Your Mate Is Dating Other People
- T.I.’s Sister, Precious Harris, Dead at 66
- The Rewind: These Millennial Film & TV Stars Are Sure To Make Black History
- R. Kelly Charged With Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse
- R. Kelly Charged With 10 Counts Of Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse