Isaiah Washington and Meta Golding sat down at “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” to talk about “Behind The Movement,” which airs on TVOne this Sunday. Isaiah explained why E.D. Nixon isn’t talked about like his contemporaries, even though he made monumental moves in the civil rights movement. Isaiah explains that E.D. & Rosa Parks had been looking for years for the right people to serve as symbols for the movement. He also reveals that Rosa Parks’ case served as the first of four that eventually lead to the official desegregation of Montgomery’s busses.
Plus, Meta explains the sacrifice Rosa Parks made by giving herself to the movement; her life was never the same. She never received any financial benefit, and was the target of harassment and terrorism her whole life. Check out this exclusive video to hear more in this clip from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Meek Mill Granted Post-Conviction Hearing
- Cardi B Teaming Up With Fashion Nova For Fashion Line
- Game Night Star Lamorne Morris Admits He’s Lost Women To Other Celebrities In Real Life
- Happy Birthday W.E.B. DuBois
- B’More History Maker: Erricka Bridgeford
- Tisha Campbell-Martin And Duane Martin Divorcing After 27 Years Of Marriage
- R. Kelly Is Officially The First Person Added To Wakanda’s No Fly List
- Prank Call: Man Curses Out Car Dealership That Accuses Him Of Tampering With Car [EXCLUSIVE]
- Damn Gina: Tisha Campbell-Martin Files For Divorce And The Internet Reacts
- Why Rickey Smiley Isn’t Here For Vision Boards [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]