Isaiah Washington and Meta Golding sat down at “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” to talk about “Behind The Movement,” which airs on TVOne this Sunday. Isaiah explained why E.D. Nixon isn’t talked about like his contemporaries, even though he made monumental moves in the civil rights movement. Isaiah explains that E.D. & Rosa Parks had been looking for years for the right people to serve as symbols for the movement. He also reveals that Rosa Parks’ case served as the first of four that eventually lead to the official desegregation of Montgomery’s busses.
Plus, Meta explains the sacrifice Rosa Parks made by giving herself to the movement; her life was never the same. She never received any financial benefit, and was the target of harassment and terrorism her whole life. Check out this exclusive video to hear more in this clip from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Cardi B Says A Crackhead Is To Blame For Offset’s Accident
- NOTORIOUS: Watch Biggie’s Best TV Moments With Donald Trump, Martin and More
- Steph Curry Hits A Shimmy After Scoring Seven Straight Baskets
- GOAT Music Teacher Leads Mother’s Day Performance Of “Proud”
- NE-YO TO PERFORM AT STONE SOUL! BUY TIX HERE
- WATCH: Billboard Finale Salt-N-Pepa Performs With En Vogue
- FAB FINDS: 23 Fashionable Ways To Rock Sequins In Your Wardrobe
- Migos Sign Deal To Judge China’s Biggest Rap Competition
- Cardi B Is Back On IG With A Preview Of “Be Careful” Video
- This Cardi B “She Bad” Parody Is All About The Struggle