Isaiah Washington and Meta Golding sat down at “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” to talk about “Behind The Movement,” which airs on TVOne this Sunday. Isaiah explained why E.D. Nixon isn’t talked about like his contemporaries, even though he made monumental moves in the civil rights movement. Isaiah explains that E.D. & Rosa Parks had been looking for years for the right people to serve as symbols for the movement. He also reveals that Rosa Parks’ case served as the first of four that eventually lead to the official desegregation of Montgomery’s busses.
Plus, Meta explains the sacrifice Rosa Parks made by giving herself to the movement; her life was never the same. She never received any financial benefit, and was the target of harassment and terrorism her whole life. Check out this exclusive video to hear more in this clip from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Drive By Shooting At Tekashi, Nicki and Ye’ Video Shoot
- Shoot Your Shot Sis: Nicki Minaj Wants Michael B. Jordan (Video)
- Disney Drops Toy Story 4 Teaser With Two New Characters ( Video)
- YASSSS:Chick-fil-A Teams Up With DoorDash To Deliver To Your Home
- Rapper Young Dolph Gives Away 250 Turkeys
- Kanye West Donated Money To The Family Of Jemel Roberson
- The National Struggle For Effective Community Oversight Of Police Comes To Nashville
- Leah’s Lemonade: Tamar Braxton Refused To Finish Stage Play In D.C. Because She Didn’t Get Food
- Vitamin Of The Day: Be Thankful For The Small Things In Your Life
- Rock-T’s NFL: Week 11 [VIDEO]