Isaiah Washington and Meta Golding sat down at “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” to talk about “Behind The Movement,” which airs on TVOne this Sunday. Isaiah explained why E.D. Nixon isn’t talked about like his contemporaries, even though he made monumental moves in the civil rights movement. Isaiah explains that E.D. & Rosa Parks had been looking for years for the right people to serve as symbols for the movement. He also reveals that Rosa Parks’ case served as the first of four that eventually lead to the official desegregation of Montgomery’s busses.
Plus, Meta explains the sacrifice Rosa Parks made by giving herself to the movement; her life was never the same. She never received any financial benefit, and was the target of harassment and terrorism her whole life. Check out this exclusive video to hear more in this clip from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- New & Making Noise: Jade Novah
- ‘Insecure’ Recap: Daniel Extends Issa’s Squatting Tour To His Bed
- ‘Basketball Wives’ Recap: Shaunie Plans An Amsterdam Girls Trip Minus Jennifer
- As Requested: Here’s All The Music From Episode 2 Of ‘Insecure’ Season 3
- Here’s Everything We Know About Aretha Franklin Tributes And Funeral Arrangements
- Let The Doorknob Hit Ya! School Board Candidate Who Called Black People ‘Monkeys’ Exits Race
- Our Favorite Cartoon Characters Have Been Brought To Life & The Images Are Disturbingly Realistic
- What Kind Of F*ckery Is This?: Pilot Crashes A Plane Into His House In An Attempt To Kill His Wife
- Watch Paris Dennard Get Pulverized By Former CIA Analyst: ‘We’re Done! Get Out!’
- Detective Omarosa Has More Than Just ‘Secret Recordings’ To Drop