Taraji P. Henson might play ‘Cookie Lyon’ on the hit show “Empire,” but she is breaking into a new role. The actress talked with Gary With Da Tea about her new movie “Proud Mary.” She mentioned that this movie is perfect timing for women.
It shows how strong they are, changes the narrative and shows our power. Gary called her a young Pam Grier and she mentioned that she did think about her while doing this role. Henson also talked about how this role challenged her and made her become even more of a badass.
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
- Beard Or No Beard: Do You Prefer These Famous Men With Or Without A Beard?
- Barbershop Talk: Holidays Stressful For Those With Addiction
- I Am Community Report: RPS Tax Increase, Girl Grazed By Gunfire
- Today’s Clo-ism: Expect A Few Delays En Route To Success
- ‘Empire’ Recap: Cookie Lands A Promising New Signee
- La La And Carmelo Anthony Back Together? [EXCLUSIVE]
- Leah’s Lemonade: Cardi B “I Want To Protect My Baby’s Identity Until I’m ready”
- Leah’s Lemonade: Ella Mai Opens Up About “Trip” Remix Controversy
- Is Cardi B Is A Better Performer (And Twerker) Than Nicki Minaj?
- Mo’Nique’s Snatched Waist Is Everything You Need Today!
Taraji P. Henson Talks About Changing The Narrative In Films [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW] was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com