Taraji P. Henson might play ‘Cookie Lyon’ on the hit show “Empire,” but she is breaking into a new role. The actress talked with Gary With Da Tea about her new movie “Proud Mary.” She mentioned that this movie is perfect timing for women.
It shows how strong they are, changes the narrative and shows our power. Gary called her a young Pam Grier and she mentioned that she did think about her while doing this role. Henson also talked about how this role challenged her and made her become even more of a badass.
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
- Jim Jones Arrested In Georgia
- Here Is One Player Who Is Still Kneeling With Colin Kaepernick
- Van Jones Pulled A Paris Dennard And Defended Melania Trump
- Weekend Roundup: Dinos, Bacon, & More!
- HELLO WORLD: Travel Essentials For Your Next Trip Out The Country
- Where Is Cayln McLemore? Missing National Guardsman Prompts Massive Search In Florida
- Listen To Black Women: Why Can’t Some Black Women Let Go Of R. Kelly?
- Weekend Shmood: When The Sign Language Interpreter Is The Most Lit One At The Eminem Concert
- Amid Joe Jackson Reports, Pancreatic Cancer Has Been A Major Killer Of Black People
- Tried It: These Owners Are Playing With Their Dog’s Life In #WhatTheFluffChallenge
Taraji P. Henson Talks About Changing The Narrative In Films [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW] was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com