Taraji P. Henson might play ‘Cookie Lyon’ on the hit show “Empire,” but she is breaking into a new role. The actress talked with Gary With Da Tea about her new movie “Proud Mary.” She mentioned that this movie is perfect timing for women.
It shows how strong they are, changes the narrative and shows our power. Gary called her a young Pam Grier and she mentioned that she did think about her while doing this role. Henson also talked about how this role challenged her and made her become even more of a badass.
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
- Mo’Nique Reportedly In Financial Trouble
- Power Moves: A Conference to Channel Black Women’s Growing Political Strength
- Trailer + Premiere Date Drops For Tracy Morgan, Tiffany Haddish Series ‘The Last O.G.’
- Great Grandfather Of The Sunken Place — Clarence Thomas — Is Advocating For Less Gun Regulations
- Black Women Racially Profiled At Harlem Restaurant
- All The Details On Beyoncé’s 2018 NBA All-Star Courtside Look
- Applebee’s Déjà Vu: Popular Harlem Restaurant Accused Of Racially Profiling Black Women
- Parkland Victim’s Dad’s Pro-Trump Shirt Sparks Twitter Debate After Shooting Tragedy
- Charlotte ‘Prosperity Preacher’ Reportedly Disappeared With Nearly Half A Million Dollars
- 5 Black Republicans Who Are Publicly Pledging Their Allegiance To Conservatives