Usually, when artists hop onto social media the morning of the Grammy nomination announcements, it tends to be an ill-advised hot mess. But this time, an outburst from Q-Tip makes complete sense after tons of deserving artists were revealed in an exciting year of nominations, and A Tribe Called Quest was not named among them.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
That’s right, A Tribe Called Quest‘s last album and their heartfelt tribute to their fallen Phife Dawg went unnoticed by Grammys voters this year. And the more you think about it, the more messed up you realize it is. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from the Hip-Hop Spot on “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- NE-YO TO PERFORM AT STONE SOUL! BUY TIX HERE
- Two Black Women Made History This Week As Pilots For Alaska Airlines
- ‘Listen To Black Women’ Episode 6: Has Social Media Changed Our Perception Of Reality?
- FAB FINDS: 10 Bathing Suits You Can Wear If You Have A Small Bust
Red Carpet Rundown: 2017 American Music Awards
1. Tracee Ellis Ross Arrives To The American Music Awards1 of 8
2. Tracee Ellis Ross2 of 8
3. Diana Ross Rocks The Red Carpet3 of 8
4. Demi Lovato4 of 8
5. Kelly Rowland5 of 8
6. DJ Khaled6 of 8
7. Lady Gaga7 of 8
8. Ciara8 of 8
How The Grammys Majorly Disrespected A Tribe Called Quest [EXCLUSIVE] was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com