That moment when a whole child has to put you in your place.
Stranger Things star Finn Wolfhard hopped on Twitter yesterday to back down some of the show’s more overzealous “fans.” After becoming aware that his castmates were being harassed online and IRL, he addressed the issue in a tweet directed at fanatics. “Hey everybody! I don’t wanna ex-communicate anyone from this fandom, but if you are forreal you will not harass my friends, or co-workers. Y’all know who you are,” the 14-year-old wrote on his personal account.
Frustrated as all get out, he followed up with another message, because why is this even an issue in the first place, amirite? “Why I even have to tweet that, I don’t know. Anyone who calls themselves a ‘fan’ and actively goes after someone for literally acting and doing their job is ridiculous. Think b4 ya type boiiii,” he wrote and the whole internet felt him on that one.
Stranger Things is a Netflix original that tells the story of a kid who goes missing in a town haunted by supernatural forces, government experiments, and a very odd girl. Get into it and please, leave the kids alone.
Everything You Never Knew About 'This Is Us' TV Dad Ron Cephas Jones
1. 'This Is Us' makes Jones cry, too.1 of 11
2. Jones' acting credits go way, way back.2 of 11
3. Jones is also a formidable theater and TV vet.Source:Getty 3 of 11
4. Jones shares a real life connection with his TV son, Sterling K. Brown.Source:Getty 4 of 11
5. Jones was recognized at this year's Emmys.Source:Getty 5 of 11
6. Jones has a daughter who takes after him in the acting department.Source:Getty 6 of 11
7. Jasmine is really proud of her dad's hard work and success.7 of 11
8. Jones is an East Coast fella.Source:Getty 8 of 11
9. The script is what got Jones excited about 'This Is Us.'9 of 11
10. We'll see William Hill again.Source:Getty 10 of 11
11. Music is one of Jones' major loves in real life, tooSource:Getty 11 of 11
‘Stranger Things’ Star Finn Wolfhard Won’t Stand For Fanatics Harassing The Cast was originally published on globalgrind.com