As a handful of Democrats lead the call for President Donald Trump’s impeachment, Republicans know that removing the president is not a total fantasy.
“Donald Trump is the most dishonorable and despicable human being to ever serve in the office of the president,” Waters said, urging the women to take leadership roles in the resistance movement. “This is a man with no good values, no good intentions and no good respect.”
Waters, who has an ongoing feud with Trump and members of his administration, was the keynote speaker at the three-day gathering, organized by the leaders of January’s Women’s March in the District of Columbia.
An effort to remove Trump from office is already underway. On Oct. 11, Democratic Texas Rep. Al Green took to the House floor to file Articles of Impeachment.
Impeachment is unlikely while the Republicans control the House and Senate. But the tide could turn if Democrats seize the House and mainstream conservatives continue to question Trump’s fitness for office.
“If we fail on taxes that’s the end of the Republican Party’s governing majority in 2018…I can’t imagine how he (President Trump) could be successful with Nancy Pelosi running the House, they’d try to impeach him pretty quick,” Graham said.
GOP strategist Alex Conant, who served in George W. Bush’s White House when Democrats took control of Congress in 2006, told CNN that Trump is contributing to his own demise ahead of the 2018 midterm elections.
“The number one thing Trump should be doing to save his presidency is helping congressional Republicans maintain their majorities,” Conant said. “Instead he’s allowing his allies like Steve Bannon to really undermine Republican reelection campaigns. It’s just reckless and politically naive considering how devastating it would be to his presidency.”
Happy Birthday, Barack Obama: Photos That Will Make You Miss Your Favorite President
1. Barack Gives Daughter Malia a KissSource:Getty 1 of 29
2. Michelle and Barack tell the kids a storySource:Getty 2 of 29
3. Michelle and Barack KissSource:Getty 3 of 29
4. Michelle and BarackSource:Getty 4 of 29
5. First Family PortraitSource:Getty 5 of 29
6. Two TermsSource:Getty 6 of 29
7. Michelle and Barack host a State DinnerSource:Getty 7 of 29
8. Barack Obama and Michelle ObamaSource:Getty 8 of 29
9. Sunday ChurchSource:Getty 9 of 29
10. Barack Obama and his daughter Malia ObamaSource:Getty 10 of 29
11. A Family AffairSource:Getty 11 of 29
12. Flashback To The Old DaysSource:Pete Souza 12 of 29
13. Happy Birthday!Source:Getty 13 of 29
14. Candidly AwesomeSource:Pete Souza 14 of 29
15. Historic First FamilySource:Getty 15 of 29
16. Ice Cream TreatSource:Getty 16 of 29
17. TV TimeSource:Pete Souza 17 of 29
18. Hawaii Trip!Source:Getty 18 of 29
19. Obama Loves Team USA & His WifeSource:Getty 19 of 29
20. Reading TimeSource:Pete Souza 20 of 29
21. Family SupportSource:Getty 21 of 29
22. Supporting MomSource:Pete Souza 22 of 29
23. Giving Back On MLK DaySource:Getty 23 of 29
24. Obamas Give Back To The CommunitySource:Getty 24 of 29
25. Always Supporting Small BusinessesSource:Getty 25 of 29
26. Obama SwaggerSource:Getty 26 of 29
27. Laughs & TurkeysSource:Getty 27 of 29
28. Christmas With The ObamasSource:Getty 28 of 29
29. 50th Anniversary Of March On SelmaSource:Pete Souza 29 of 29
Maxine Waters’ Call At Women’s Convention For Trump Impeachment Not Far Fetched was originally published on newsone.com