You know things are getting bad in America when White people start speaking out against their own.
In the aftermath of the horrific neo-Nazi rally in Charlottesville, many White celebs have come forward to condemn White supremacists. Even non-American citizens like Lorde, 20, can see that something is horribly wrong with the state of this nation.
The singer took to Twitter to vent her frustrations about the deadly White nationalists gathering and how “all White people” are to blame for things getting so out of hand:
being a privileged white non-US citizen, i feel like tweeting to reinforce how horrific POC treatment here is is unnecessary & inappropriate
The Melodrama singer isn’t the only White celeb to speak out following the hate-filled gathering, that left 32-year Heather Heyer dead as she fought for civil rights. Jimmy Fallonand Lady Gaga also used their platforms to bring awareness.
1. We'll never forget the moment President Obama said Trayvon Martin could have been his son.
1 of 13
2. And let's not forget President Obama was the man behind capturing and killing Al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden.
2 of 13
3. He also rejoiced when the Supreme Court ruled in favor of protecting same-sex marriage.
3 of 13
4. He always gets his hands a little dirty.
4 of 13
5. He was never afraid to have a good time.
5 of 13
6. The White House was always lit, and full of celebs.
6 of 13
7. He genuinely, wholeheartedly, loves the kids.
7 of 13
8. Plus, he's all about b-ball.
8 of 13
9. He made two of our favorite players the happiest men on Earth.
9 of 13
10. Despite his insane schedule, he's a pretty hands on dad.
10 of 13
11. ... And what a beautiful example for men on how to treat the ladies in your life.
11 of 13
12. There will never be another as suave as President Obama & for that alone, we're thankful.
12 of 13
13. He gave us hope...
13 of 13
Continue reading 13 Reasons We Are Still Thankful For President Barack Obama
13 Reasons We Are Still Thankful For President Barack Obama
The nation has not been the same since Barack Obama completed his final term as President of the United States in January.
Considering the state of America today, there are so many reasons to be grateful for having Barry O. in our lives for the past eight years. Check out these 13 reasons why we're still thankful for Barack Obama — forever our president.