You know things are getting bad in America when White people start speaking out against their own.
In the aftermath of the horrific neo-Nazi rally in Charlottesville, many White celebs have come forward to condemn White supremacists. Even non-American citizens like Lorde, 20, can see that something is horribly wrong with the state of this nation.
The singer took to Twitter to vent her frustrations about the deadly White nationalists gathering and how “all White people” are to blame for things getting so out of hand:
The Melodrama singer isn’t the only White celeb to speak out following the hate-filled gathering, that left 32-year Heather Heyer dead as she fought for civil rights. Jimmy Fallon and Lady Gaga also used their platforms to bring awareness.
Remember, White silence equals White consent.
13 Reasons We Are Still Thankful For President Barack Obama
1. We'll never forget the moment President Obama said Trayvon Martin could have been his son.Source:Getty 1 of 13
2. And let's not forget President Obama was the man behind capturing and killing Al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden.Source:Getty 2 of 13
3. He also rejoiced when the Supreme Court ruled in favor of protecting same-sex marriage.Source:Getty 3 of 13
4. He always gets his hands a little dirty.Source:Getty 4 of 13
5. He was never afraid to have a good time.Source:Getty 5 of 13
6. The White House was always lit, and full of celebs.Source:Getty 6 of 13
7. He genuinely, wholeheartedly, loves the kids.Source:Getty 7 of 13
8. Plus, he's all about b-ball.Source:Getty 8 of 13
9. He made two of our favorite players the happiest men on Earth.Source:Getty 9 of 13
10. Despite his insane schedule, he's a pretty hands on dad.Source:Getty 10 of 13
11. ... And what a beautiful example for men on how to treat the ladies in your life.Source:Getty 11 of 13
12. There will never be another as suave as President Obama & for that alone, we're thankful.Source:Getty 12 of 13
13. He gave us hope...Source:Getty 13 of 13
Lorde Says All ‘White People’ Are To Blame For The System Of White Supremacy was originally published on globalgrind.com