Dr. Umar Johnson talked with “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” about some of the controversial opinions he has made public and sparked debate with recently. Then, he talked with some listeners and addressed some of the things they are dealing with in their own homes. One woman called up to get help with her 10-year-old daughter, who struggles with depression. Her family members don’t take it seriously, she says, so she asks what she can do to improve the quality of her child’s mental health. He also explains why, after a year of therapy, it might be time to look for someone new.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Dr. Umar also addresses spirituality, pan-Africanism, religion, racism, and the black dollar . Click on the audio player to hear more in this fascinating exclusive interview from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6AM to 10AM ET.
ione_facebook_like_box url_segment=rickeysmileymorningshow height=”260″]
1. Can a sista’ enjoy her lunch without one of her co-workers attempting to stick their fingers in it, asking to taste it or pointing out they’ve never heard of it before?!
(Photos: Youtube-“Unwritten Rules”)
2. Hey, [insert black co-worker’s name] can you teach me how to Cha-Cha Slide or Wobble? ….. Umm, what are we? The Billy Blanks of line-dancing?!
3. God Forbid you need to borrow some cover-up because most likely you’ll end up looking like this.
4. They think you’re the rap encyclopedia. “What are the lyrics to Biggie’s song?” How about you ask me if I listen to rap music first? (I do), but still!
5. Don’t let you change your hairstyle up because you’re just going to get bombarded with “your hair grew so fast” and “is that your hair” comments while they break their brain trying to figure out how you did it.
6. Some of us feel like “Bird” in “Soul Food”! Sorry, but we can’t all cook…..or…
7. Sing! or…..
8. play sports well!
9. They try to hook you up with every black guy they encounter (like…can they at least be cute?)
(Photo: Youtube-“Unwritten Rules)