Wale came through to the morning show! He spoke with Headkrack about his latest and fifth album, “Shine.” He explains why absolutely zero pressure went into making it, and what his life was looking like during that creative process. Wale also reveals all of the factors that went into the decision he made to drop his album an entire week earlier than it was supposed to come out. He also talks about his current tour, and why it’s different than the last few tours he’s done, which causes him to be a little anxious and excited about it.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Plus, he looks back on his earlier work, and being one of the first hip-hop artists to work with Lady Gaga. He also talks about his song, “Fashion Week,” featuring G Eazy. He explains that G Eazy is actually really rapping his truth, and why as an artist he’s more than what meets the eye. Check out this exclusive video to hear more in this clip from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
RELATED: Wale Feat. Usher “Matrimony” [NEW MUSIC VIDEO]
RELATED: Wale Jokes About His Anger Issues: “I’m Researching Zoloft” [VIDEO]
RELATED: 4 Harshest Shots Fired At Wale By His Ex Kola Boof [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO]
Wale’s “The Album About Nothing” Listening Session In New York City
16 photos Launch gallery
1. Rick Ross & Wale
1 of 16
2. DJ Drama & Rick Ross
2 of 16
3. Wale’s “The Album About Nothing” Listening Session At Tom’s Restaurant In New York City.
3 of 16
4. Elliott Wilson & Wale
4 of 16
5. Wale Discussing His New Album With Elliott Wilson.
5 of 16
6. Rick Ross Supporting Wale’s Listening Session.
6 of 16
7. Sharing A Few Laughs.
7 of 16
8. Elliott Wilson & DJ Drama
8 of 16
9. Elliott WIison & Peter Rosenberg
9 of 16
10. Tom’s Restaurant
10 of 16
11. Tom’s Restaurant
11 of 16
12. Wale’s “The Album About Nothing” Listening Session At Tom’s Restaurant In New York City.
12 of 16
13. Wale Invades The Seinfeld Cafe.
13 of 16
14. Wale & Elliott Wilson
14 of 16
15. Wale Explaining “The Album About Nothing.”
15 of 16
16. Rick Ross Offering A Few Kind Words To Wale.
16 of 16