BET has dropped T.J. Holmes like a hot tamale.
The award-winning journalist left his job as a weekend anchor on CNN to launch a news talk show on Black Entertainment Television in 2011. However, the network recently announced they will not be renewing “Don’t Sleep!” for a new season, and as a result, Holmes is now out of a job.
MUST READ: Roland Martin Is Leaving CNN
In an interview with Journal-isms, Holmes said he is a “completely free agent” but doesn’t regret his controversial decision of leaving CNN for BET.
“I will never, ever regret thinking that my heart was in the right place,” he said, “to do something that was not being done for our community.”
“You learn from the mistakes, there are questions I should have asked, things that should have been cleared up,” but reaching the black community in that way was “an opportunity I would love to have” again, he said.
In a statement, BET said it was “committed to being a resource for our audience on issues that directly affect the African-American community,” however after “Don’t Sleep!” averaged less than 400,000 viewers the network cut the series eight months after its initial launch.
Check Out This Gallery
Tamar Braxton, Yolanda Adams & More Shine At BET'S 'Celebration Of Gospel' (PHOTOS)
1. Dorinda Clark ColeSource: 1 of 13
2. Kierra SheardSource: 2 of 13
3. Tamar BraxtonSource: 3 of 13
4. Karen Clark SheardSource: 4 of 13
5. Omarosa ManigaultSource: 5 of 13
6. Yolanda AdamsSource: 6 of 13
7. Tamar and Evelyn BraxtonSource: 7 of 13
8. Vince HerbertSource: 8 of 13
9. Sheree FletcherSource: 9 of 13
10. Rebecca CrewsSource: 10 of 13
11. Edwina FindleySource: 11 of 13
12. Le'Andria JohnsonSource: 12 of 13
13. Kym WhitleySource: 13 of 13
BET Drops T.J. Holmes: “I’m A Completely Free Agent” was originally published on hellobeautiful.com