It’s graduation season and high-profile commencement speakers are being announced left and right!
The latest celebrity to grace the pages of a graduation program is Scandal star Kerry Washington. According to reports, the actress will give the commencement address at her alma mater, George Washington University, on May 19th.
Along with giving the keynote speech, the 1998 graduate (magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa) will receive an honorary degree from the university.
“I am delighted that Ms. Washington has agreed to give the Commencement address,” said GW President Steven Knapp. “She has captured the imagination of our students, and they will benefit greatly, as they head out into the world, from hearing her perspective both as an alumna and as a highly successful actor on stage, in film and on television.”
Other highly-anticipated commencement speakers of 2013 include President Barack Obama at Ohio State, Morehouse College and the U.S. Naval Academy; Oprah Winfrey at Harvard; Toni Morrison at Vanderbilt and Sanya Richards-Ross at her alma mater, the The University of Texas at Austin.
The graduates of 2013 will surely have a star-studded celebration!
Check Out This Gallery
10 Style Tips From Kerry Washington
1. 10 Style Tips From Kerry WashingtonSource: 1 of 11
2. (1.) Learn How To Channel Your Inner Olivia PopeSource: 2 of 11
3. (2.) Add A LOT Of Color To Your ClosetSource: 3 of 11
4. (3.) Make A Statement With Your AccessoriesSource: 4 of 11
5. (4.) Have Your Freakum Dress ReadySource: 5 of 11
6. (5.) Show A Little SkinSource: 6 of 11
7. (6.) And A Little LegSource: 7 of 11
8. (7.) And Perhaps Some Cleavage TooSource: 8 of 11
9. (8.) Get Retro!Source: 9 of 11
10. (9.) Show Your Animalistic SideSource: 10 of 11
11. (10.) The Little Black Dress Is Your Best FriendSource: 11 of 11
Kerry Washington To Give 2013 Commencement Address At George Washington University was originally published on hellobeautiful.com