Watch out ladies! There are some FAKE ballers out there and we want to be sure we help you in spotting these fakes before wasting some valuable time! Check out these 13 ways to find out if you’re dealing with a man who’s ballin’ out of control at the club with his rent money…
1. He asks how much something costs before he orders it.
If he tells you to get whatever you want – but when you order a simple drink, he asks the bartender how much it is before she pours – pay for your own drink and leave.
2. His excuse for not having something is always because he had it years ago.
If you heard him say, “I had the iPhone 4 in its beta stage back in the day, so I’m waiting for something new to come out,” to explain why he doesn’t have any type of cell phone now, be very suspicious.
3. His only vacation spots have been Miami or Vegas.
It’s been five months now, and he’s still talking about how he “just came back from Vegas for the fight.” Chile…
4. He never puts you on to anything new.
If he says he has the best Italian resturant in mind and you end up at Olive Garden, or he’s always impressed by your date choices, he’s not balling.
5. He has a designer wallet with nothing in it.
If a driver’s license and 40 singles are the only things to make his Gucci wallet look bulky, suggest he sell the wallet.
6. He only wants to hang out on “house dates.”
When you said you’ll come over to watch a movie, he was all for it, but when you changed your mind and said you would rather make a trip to the theatre to catch a movie, he suddenly had a change of heart.
7. He drives the newest cars, but has no home.
He picks you up in a Beamer, Benz or Bentley, but lives in the same room he grew up in – with his mama and 56-inch flat screen.
8. He loves to make jokes about you paying when the bill comes.
No matter how much he swears he was joking when the bill came and he asked you, “You got this?” understand he’s really hoping you say yes.
9. He wears a ton of jewelry, but doesn’t have a 401K.
A real baller focuses on the future of their wealth and invests in things that have real returns – not $11,000 chains.
10. He’s always concerned about your money.
If he’s asking you if you get paid weekly or biweekly and “about how much,” be concerned.
11.He’s asked you to put something on your credit card, with the promise to give you the cash later.
Real ballers manage their money well enough to have credit lines and good credit.
12. He never wants to break a large bill.
He pulls out the same three $100 dollar bills that have been sitting in his wallet for a month, and asks you to pay for the movie, because “he doesn’t have anything small.” Fake.com.
13. He pronounces certain (read: “fancy”) words incorrectly.
If the dude pronounces Merlot with the “t” (mer-loT) and says he’s been to Turks and Cactus (Caicos), he’s a fraud.
via Black Voices