An in-depth conversation with VH1 ‘Basketball Wives’ star Jennifer Williams.
For Jennifer Williams, star of VH1′s hit reality series “Basketball Wives.” there’s plenty more than what meets the eye and this week, iPower 92.1 FM’s own TT Torrez uncovered the real deal on what to expect next from Jenn & the girls. Having stepped out of the shadow of her ex-husband Eric Williams and now onto bigger and better things with the new season, it seems like she’s finally making moves of her own.
But just when you think life is all sandy beaches, Gucci handbags and limousine rides, the drama continues just in time for the cameras to start rolling. Now in it’s fourth consecutive season created and produced by Shani O’Neal (ex-wife of Shaquille O’Neal), “Basketball Wives” is stil the leading show on the air and it seems like every one of our favorite girls are back for more fights, more feuds & more fun.
Listen below as Jennifer Williams gives away a few secrets on the brand new cast members you’ll be seeing next year plus hear it straight as she tells the truth about Twitter scandals, that rumored altercation with her estranged on again/off again friend Evelyn and more. Jennifer even gives us the update on the status of her current relationships with Royce Reed, Shani and of course, Meca, too.
Check out the highlights on what else you might have missed live on the air via the complete interview below. Be sure to tune in this February for Season IV of VH1 “Basketball Wives.”
On spending the holidays without ex-husband Eric Williams & getting back to dating:
- Actually last year, I was alone, too, because we weren’t like technically separated, but we kind of were. I am dating, not one specific person though…I’m not trying to rush into anything.
On the rumors of a rocky friendship with Evelyn & Twitter scandals:
- If you follow me on Twitter, I don’t do subliminal tweets. I don’t throw jabs at my friends. If you have my phone number, just text me or whatever. She threw a couple of jabs at me on Twitter…I don’t have a problem with her. She has one with me. I definitely think there’s a bigger issue, but you guys will have to tune into Season IV to figure it out.
On whether or not Evelyn actually hit Jennifer with a handbag this season:
- You know what… (Laughs) I don’t think I can confirm or deny, but I just want to say this. I think anybody that has tuned into Season I through III knows that I’m definitely not a fighter, that’s not even in my character whatsoever. You definitely won’t find me fighting in Philippe Chow and I’m just going to leave it at that.
INSIDE SCOOP: TT’s got the back story. Shani’s birthday party at Philippe Chow turned ugly pretty quickly when Jennifer & Evelyn reportedly got into an argument. Evelyn got physical by allegedly hitting Jennifer Williams over the head with a handbag. Tune into the show to find out what really went down.
On her current relationship with Royce Reed:
- I haven’t seen Royce since I’ve been filming. I don’t even have an issue with Royce. I just felt like we connected on a different level with the whole makeover for her. I’m not trying to knock anybody’s hustle, but you know what I went through with this guy (Eric Williams) and if he’s reaching out to you, just at least have the common courtesy to let me know like Suzi did…I’m kind of over it, but I just felt like it was a little immature for her to do that.
On the new cast members Kenya Bell & Keisha Nichols plus if Meca was invited back into the fold:
- I’ve filmed with them a couple of times. They seem cool, but you never know. I don’t really know specifics on why Meca wasn’t invited back to the show, but I think production was just not really feeling her.
INSIDE SCOOP: Kenya Bell is the ex-wife of Golden State Warrior Charlie Bell. The second new cast member is Kesha Ni’cole Nichols. She was dumped in 2009 by her ex-fiance, San Antonio Spur Richard Jefferson, via e-mail the night before the wedding. Scandalous!
GIRL TALK with TT Torrez – Check out past conversations with TT Torrez, her faithful listeners and a few of your favorite celebs as the weekday GIRL TALK feature continues. Missed the live interviews or your chance to chime in on the latest gossip, entertainment news & more? Click on your choice of the hottest links below.
- Mama Jones of VH1′s “Love & Hip Hop” on Her Diss Single
- Yandy Smith Reveals the Scoop on Kimbella’s Beatdown
- Emily B Describes Her Breakup with Fabolous Plus Stepping Out on Her Own
- Lil Boosie’s Mother Sets the Record Straight on Her Son’s Incarceration
- GIRL TALK: A Double Dose
- GIRL TALK: Meeting & Respecting the New Chick
Share your thoughts with us below on the message board using your Twitter or Facebook profile to log in and comment. Be sure to stay connected for more exclusive interviews right here on iPowerRichmond.com.